Mary
    Did Rutherford love his wife?

I didn't even know he had a wife.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Mary.... And her name was Mary.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I disagree. I know several men who work away from their wives, especially in their later years when the kids are grown and they love each other. Hell, my grandparents did not sleep in the same room for the last 30 years of their marriage and yet my grandmother was heartbroken at his death. I think we want to think this, as we are negative to the man's actions with the religion.

• VM44
    VM44

Here are a few sentences about Judge Rutherford from the article "Armageddon, Inc." by Stanley High that was published Sept. 14, 1940 in The Saturday Evening Post.

"His associates are as loath to talk about him as they are to open the way to his presence. The movement, they say, is not of man but of God, and the less said about personalities the better.

One or two personal items were unearthed. Apparently there is a Mrs. Rutherford. There is also a son. Whether they are Witnesses, no one seemed prepared to say."

Note that Rutherford's associates did not want to talk about "The Judge" and also could not answer if Rutherford's wife and son were Witnesses.

That is because his associates NEVER saw them and so did not know if they were Witnesses!

Rutherford's associates probably also didn't want to talk about Rutherford to the reporter for fear of getting into trouble later for saying something about him that they shouldn't have.

--VM44

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Hell, my grandparents did not sleep in the same room for the last 30 years of their marriage

Yea, but they probably lived in the same house.

Or maybe the same state.

I dont sleep with my partner every night because he snores and farts, but I concede to sharing a house with him! And I dont take man totty assistants with me when I travel and lodge them in adjoining rooms with internal connecting doors.

Although I have thought about it.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I never met or even saw Rutherford, he died two years before I was born. The legacy Rutherford left and the culture he created wouldn't have been any problem except my dad adopted it all hook, line, and sinker, and he used it to make my life hell.

From Rutherford's writings and from testimony from people like Paul Johnson and William Schnell, Rutherford was a crook and a scoundrel. The gang he created called "Jehovah's Witnesses" still show Rutherford's mean spirit well preserved by people like Knorr, Franz, and Milton Henschel. The Rutherford legacy mean man team now is Adams, Larson, and Van De Wall.

• Ray
    Ray

Here are the note from web site somewhere.

"Mr. Russell's character as a man was nothing of which to
    boast. The courts of Pennsylvania ruled that he tried to
    perpetuate a fraud upon his wife and denied his plea of being
    penniless when his wife sued him for divorce. It later
    developed that he had transferred $317,000 to the Watch-tower
    Bible and Tract Society, of which he was president, seemingly
    with the intent to avoid paying his wife alimony. His wife
    obtained her divorce from him on account of his unmanly
    conduct and gross familiarity with other women. Open court
    testimony concerning his character recorded him saying of
    himself, 'I am like a jelly-fish; I float around here and
    there; I touch this one and that one, and if she responds, I