Do you think that the WTS is going to "collapse" and there will be no JW's?

by booker-t 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tmo1965
    tmo1965

I wonder what will happen when all of the "anointed" die? That will happen in the next 20 - 30 years. I would think that would shake some JWs up, but again, I'm always astonished at the excuses they make for obvious error.

• Pwned
    Pwned

unless there is a huge scandal i don't see a collapse forthcoming, most people will just keep going out of habit, comfort

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Litigation is only a minor tool for change and can only, at best, help evoke some changes in policies, practices, and perhaps eventually doctrines. Litigation will never take down the Society - it won't even make a dent.

Litigation is seen as persecution and will cause constriction, not release. It has happened before.

AuldSoul, can you name one religion that has been litigated out of existence?

As soon as you name one like Jehovah's Witnesses.

AuldSoul

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

No it will splinter into a hundred or a thousand smaller religious goups many will commit suicide or kill their families because this is happening! As to when... Well, it's already started!

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are the supreme chameleons that can easily change their colours and adapt to new situations and with the so called anointed they have already shown how they will act, they will introduce young anointed members that will carry on for another 30 years. Then after 30 years they will find more to replace other failed anointed.

As long as their followers are so naive they have a great deal of margin to manouvre in.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I think its wishful thinking to hope it will die. I think the brainwashing is too good, and there is always another reason why they can make it all hang together, however illogical it is.

People are motivated to believe, and they will aways need the opium of religion to give their lives meaning.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Ha - ha: from Oroborous - and I quote:

No -- to the question.

(I won't bother to elaborate at this point why.)

my only comment is with regard to your comments in your post. if you don't have a vested interest and all that bothers you is the "my way of the highway" attitude about them, it seems funny that you would spend your time having anything to do with them including posting on a forum dedicated to discussing them.

* A: so, you just didn't bother? I agree with No, but wouldn't it be nice to know why? Matter of fact, that Fermat's Theorem thing that math science spent at least two hundred years trying to figure out - if he really had such a simple proof of it, but just couldn't write it in the margin of that book, then why didn't he write it down somewhere else? Maybe it was just a little joke on his friend Pascal...

* B: are you supporting/defending the society or are you disgusted with it? If neither is the case then it does seem funny that you would spend valuable time posting! (i.e. if you do not have some vested interest in the society - one way or another, then what is the point???) After all, you could conceivably either love or hate them but still not be so sure of their immediate demise.

I welcome the debate of this thread simply because this horror of a religion has denigrated so many people. It is good to give a thought as to what might eventually come of them - even if we cannot be sure.

James

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit