Has anyone heard any Watchtower PR spin or censorship advisory announcement at the kingdom hall regarding the child abuse story on NPR?

by Island Man 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• baltar447
    baltar447

I told her about the Conti case and that the rapist pedophile is still active as an elder, but no, she wouldn't have it. It was "false news", they're all lying, trying to make the witnesses look bad. So news like these just can't reach the hardcore witness, it's impossible.

The above is incorrect. Conti's abuser is an active member of the congregation only.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    I know I said NPR in the OP but I really mean the whole spate of recent news on the JW child abuse cover up issue including what was aired on PBS.
  • Virran
    Virran

I found this article in Swedish, I clicked "translate this page" in Google so the translation is a little off but still understandable.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&u=http://www.svd.se/nyheter/inrikes/ensidig-bild-fran-jehovas-vittnen_90670.svd&prev=search

The investigation documentary shows the ad in the paper, but it's totally in Swedish so hard to understand.

the ad was huge, it took up a whole page. One of the major newspapers refused to publish it since the Swedish Watchtower didn't want to answer any questions regarding the info they put in the ad. The whole story is discusting to say the least. And "Anders", the victim, was DF'ed after he talked to the press.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Can you post the translated ad?? That would be awesome!!

DD

• Virran
    Virran
    Data-Dog, I'm trying to find it on google but no luck so far. So im looking through this investigation documentary right now to find it. It's in several parts, but I will try to translate as best as I can when i come to it. :)
  • menrov
    menrov
    The good things is that the broadcast has been picked up by other newspapers as well. Unfortunately only in the US, not in Europe.
  • Virran
    Virran

Sorry, I fell asleep last night looking through the documentaries. I'm attaching the link to the YouTube clip, where the victim talks about the newspaper ad (around 4.02) and shows the ad.

Basically, what is says is that the victim is lying, that neither the victim or the accused were witnesses when it happened (which is not true), they lie about the timeline of the abuse, call the victim a liar and a bunch of other untruths. As I mentioned earlier, there were (several) major newspapers that refused to publish the ad.

The reason the WT had to place the ad is that they got massive attention after these investigative documentaries in Sweden. Everybody talked about it and witnesses got lots of problems due to it, especially in field service. So to save face they had to come up with these lies.

http://youtu.be/WgudZyJn8nY

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "The good things is that the broadcast has been picked up by other newspapers as well. Unfortunately only in the US, not in Europe."

You X-JWs in the US, please do not underestimate the reach of the US media. In my country - and I'm sure in many English-speaking third world countries - much of the programming on television comes from the US - the majority of the programming in many cases! Cable-TV is also widely available in many such countries and it is not just the upper and middle class homes that have cable. PBS is one of the cable channels available in my country in the Caribbean where many relatively poor people (by US standards) have cable in their homes! Here in my country we are very, very familiar with American culture because it's practically all we are exposed to on television! So do not think for a minute that many people outside the US haven't seen that PBS program. Futhermore, I will venture to say that JWs fall into the kind of demographic that is most likely to look at PBS! JWs typically complain about there not being good programs on TV except for violence and sexual immorality. They are most likely to look at documentaries and news programs - channels like PBS.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Most JW's aren't in the religion because of the facts....if they were, they'd have left long ago. They want an illusion and will ignore anything that threatens that illusion. They are quite prepared to cut off anyone who tries to make them face the facts and do so regularly and systematically.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit