Has anyone heard any Watchtower PR spin or censorship advisory announcement at the kingdom hall regarding the child abuse story on NPR?

by Island Man 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Island Man
    Island Man

I remember some years ago when Barbara did an expose of the child abuse issue on one of the networks, Watchtower used the elders to inform the congregations not to view the program that was to be aired.

After this recent expose on NPR, has there been any official Watchtower release read as an announcement at the kingdom hall?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    It's coming SOON! They will be yelling PERSECUTION very soon!
  • little_Socrates
    little_Socrates
    Does NPR even have a big enough of an audience to be concerned about?
  • Simon
    Simon

I can't imagine anything would make people watch something more than someone saying "you can't watch that". Maybe they discovered that and have held back from giving it any publicity. Also, there wasn't a long run-up campaign which also wouldn't have given them chance to probably react.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Does NPR even have a big enough of an audience to be concerned about?

Anyone who has any knowledge of the interview probably heard it here. I would even be afraid to bring it up to a JW Elder or CO as I think it would put you on the radar.

Doc

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

It wasn't the "radio" NPR report that reached as many millions, as did the PBS "TV" report. This segment on PBS is what people are talking about and will trickle down to the ears of JWs who did not watch it, especially by JWs who did watch PBS that evening and were totally shocked at the revelations and documental proof offered from the investigation.

I cannot conceive of any JW, who saw the segment, not telling other JWs if only to get a reaction to such "horrible lies" and input as to whether it means that surely "we're shortly going to see Armageddon."

Ted Jaracz believed that Armageddon had started when Dateline aired in 2002 and was thoroughly convinced of it. He died convinced that his beliefs were correct although Armageddon didn't start. Lesser ones in the Witness organization are quick to ignore the facts just like Jaracz did and hold onto their beliefs no matter what reason should tell them. A thought-provoking article just appeared in Scientific American about What It Takes to Change a Mind that maybe you might want to read.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/cocktail-party-physics/2015/02/13/what-does-it-take-to-change-a-mind-a-phase-transition/?WT.mc_id=SA_Facebook

Barbara

• Virran
    Virran

I told my JW mom yesterday about the PBS report, she just flat out denied it, it just wasn't true. She lives in Sweden, so she didn't see it and she doesn't "get" the Internet so I can't send her links.

I told her about the Conti case and that the rapist pedophile is still active as an elder, but no, she wouldn't have it. It was "false news", they're all lying, trying to make the witnesses look bad. So news like these just can't reach the hardcore witness, it's impossible.

Back in 2002 or 2003 we had a big case of JW pedophilia in Sweden that got huge attention in the media. There's even an investigative documentary about it, still up on YouTube. All the Swedish congregations got order about not watching this investigation or listening to the news about it, because it was an apostate lie, according to the WT. Even though one of the elders admitted he was guilty!!!

The WT even took out a huge ad in some of the biggest newspapers, saying the victim is just lying and none of it was true. It makes your blood boil when you see how false the WT is, it's discusting.

Everytime I bring this up to my mom she insists its lies, lies, lies and that the bible says the witnesses will be under attack even though they're completley innocent. So to her, all of this just makes her faith stronger and it seems to make her exited since it all goes according to the biblical plan.

Im trying to make her see that in that case all the child molestation cases within the Catholic Church can then just as well be lies as well, but no, THAT'S true...Honestly, sometimes I feel like pulling out all of my own hair in frustration of the way her mind works...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

AndersonsInfo - "Ted Jaracz believed that Armageddon had started when Dateline aired in 2002 and was thoroughly convinced of it. He died convinced that his beliefs were correct..."

But... he died in 2010.

Are you saying that - on his deathbed - he seriously thought the Big A had already been underway for eight fricking years???

What happened to all the stages of Frad Franz' End-Times script? The sequence of events outlined in the "Revelation Climax" book?

Did he just, what, disregard them?

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    The WT even took out a huge ad in some of the biggest newspapers, saying the victim is just lying and none of it was true.

I would love to get a scan of this ad!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"The WT even took out a huge ad in some of the biggest newspapers, saying the victim is just lying and none of it was true."

Sounds like a possible case of libel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit