John Chapter 1

by mavie 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jschwehm
    jschwehm
    If anyone wants to believe that God the Son, Jesus, or any part of Almighty God, sat down beside the road during one of his many travels, or while camping out near the lake, and took a big smelly stinking dump....then you go ahead and try to picture that. I am certain that it happened now and then.

I am also certain that Jesus farted, burped, wiped his ass, pissed against the tree, ate fish and bread, had a cup of wine now and again, got an erection and even had seminal emissions.

As for me, I can't picture God or any part of a Godhead in any such pedestrian way.

While Jesus was human and taking his dump, God was in his spiritual realm sitting on his spiritual throne in all his majesty and Glory.

Interesting comments........

As one who believes that Jesus is a divine person who took on human nature, then that means that He, no doubt, did those things a human does (as described above). And, thus what you have done is to demonstrate how scandalous the doctrine of the Incarnation is and why so many individuals from the first century till today have such a problem with it.

Also, when you put things in this way it makes you look at God's love for us in a whole new light. Perhaps that is why what Jesus did for us is referred to as the Lord's Passion. I guess if God could "defile" Himself in such a way, due to His passionate love for each and every one of us, so as to take on even the "less attractive" parts of human nature, it must mean He *really* loves us. I often tell people that the Christian God loves us so much He did all of the dirty work to save us Himself and did not pawn it off on some mere creature.

It also tells us something about what Paul meant when he wrote those comments in Philippians 2. God requires us to love others just as He has loved and continues to love us. In trying to rationalize the Incarnation I think we sometimes miss the largest point. I think the most important thing about the Incarnation is that it teaches us about the depths of God's love for us and how we are to love each other.

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

That seems an interesting book Stev thankyou. I notice the excerpt mentioned the "Light" as moniker. We touched on that back here: Light

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit