Let Us Praise the Watchtower Blood-Gestapo

by metatron 14 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

From the latest ( May 06) Kingdom Ministry , front page article entitled "Follow Me Continually"

"And think of the loving assistance provided by brothers who serve on Hospital Liason Committees and Patient Visitation Groups."

Now, for you who don't already know, the Hospital Liason Committees are local elders appointed to support the Watchtower's blood

doctrine when Witnesses go to the hospital. However, many doctors and hospitals might 'catch on' that these deluded fanatics

are encouraging people to die for the Watchtower's misguided view of blood and thus, exclude them. So, they also have

"Patient Visitation Groups" who can hover over the sick and dying to remind them ( by their presence) of the possibility of being

"disassociated" if they take blood, while in such a vunerable and feeble state, as cynically calculated by Watchtower leaders

- and their lawyers.

How wonderful. How merciful. How empathetic. How respectful of the example of Jesus Christ, who needed no Gestapo to

keep tabs on him, to enforce his sacrificial death. Such is the evil that calls itself "Watchtower".

metatron

• LDH
    LDH

With all the Love TM in the CCOJW (Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses), why the formal need of Patient Visitation Groups?

Lisa

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Metatron,

Excellent post. The only good that the JW blood policy ever accomplished, is that the art of bloodless surgery was advanced to new levels. So, when the blood supply was low in an area, or not available, then some surgeries can be done without blood. They just have to take extra precautions.

The Watchtower doctrine became a serious fraud when they got into giving medical advice about the need to avoid blood. If they had simply stuck with their warped Biblical view, they would not be in serious potential legal trouble.

Jim Whitney

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Patient Visitation Groups????

My mom had to beg for people in the hall to go and visit my father while in the hospital (non JW family members were regular visitors).

One time he was in very serious condition, we didn't know if he'd even survive the emergency surgery (a major artery in his leg had burst from a previous surgery, he was bleeding to death on the operating table). My mom's cong had a congregation picnic that afternoon and she couldn't reach anybody. I called an elder in my hall (who I thought was a friend) and told him the situation. He told us to wait until the picnic was over and contact her own elders. (At the time we lived in the same city, neighbouring congregations, so it wasn't like he had to travel, in fact he could have walked to the hospital.)

This indifference was a major factor in my decision to leave the JW's. There is no such thing as a World Wide Brotherhood.

BB

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

At the risk of being controversial I have an experience of a friend of mine who a few months ago nearly lost his son to Leukemia (sp) and quite surprisingly enough the HLC were very helpful; I will explain why.

Little Bill as I will call him became very poorly and his count was 90% leukemic (forgive me if the details are a little untechnical) and bless him he was close to dying if he didnt have a blood transfusion immediately. Naturally my friend and his wife were distraught and tied between their beliefs and their sons life. (who wouldnt be in that situation?)

The HLC became involved and they spoke with the him and his wife and the advice was this; his son is 20 months old; under UK law the courts would likely make him a ward of court should they deny him the treatment he so desperately needed and his son would in the end have a blood transfusion anyway, at which time it would be too late and their son would likely die. The advice further was that they should consent to the treatment immediately and avoid delaying the inevitable; they also said they should write on the consent form what their preference was but discretion should be left to the doctors caring for his son. His son survived and is in remission due to the transfusion.

I know speaking with him my friend did say that he wouldve signed the consent papers anyway had the HLC not given him the advice they did but I have to say their approach was pragmatic and sensible in the circumstances and arguably is evidence of an unofficial shift in policy. But I am immensely proud of Little B's dad for this comment.

For the most part I am not in favour of the view on blood transfusions nor the WTS or their HLC but their approach on this occasion saved time and a friends son which is a relief to say the least.

Just my 2p worth

DB74

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

DB74

It is nice to hear a positive experience for a change!!

Thanks for sharing that.

BB

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

What I strongly object to on the (new?) Advance Decision ''No Blood'' document, is section 6 :-

I consent to my medical records and the details of my condition being shared with the Emergency Contact below and/or with member(s) of the Hospital Liaison Committee for Jehovah's Witnesses.

How on Earth can a patient benefit by allowing unqualified individuals (HLC) access to their medical records?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I consent to my medical records and the details of my condition being shared with the Emergency Contact below and/or with member(s) of the Hospital Liaison Committee for Jehovah's Witnesses.

How on Earth can a patient benefit by allowing unqualified individuals (HLC) access to their medical records?

Totally agree with you on this....its something I objected to with my mothers form!

DB74

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

You know what Diamondblue......I don't think a lot of the dubs actually READ what they are signing - it comes from the Org so they never NEED to look. When I actually pointed section 6 out (to a dub, on THEIR directive), they were surprised - but it must be ''so the brothers can support us in the blood issue''... I argued that they'd been doing that for YEARS without having to have access to medical records. Totally unecessary.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    You know what Diamondblue......I don't think a lot of the dubs actually READ what they are signing - it comes from the Org so they never NEED to look. When I actually pointed section 6 out (to a dub, on THEIR directive), they were surprised - but it must be ''so the brothers can support us in the blood issue''... I argued that they'd been doing that for YEARS without having to have access to medical records. Totally unecessary.

Yes agreed. When the new forms were given out I asked my mother (as I hadnt seen the new cards and directives) whether or not they gave consent to the HLC or body of elders to have access to medical records. She replied that they didnt. It was only when I pointed it out to her that she was confused. DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit