Heading to Maui for vacation

by Champion 15 Replies latest jw friends

• manicmama
    manicmama

Congratulations you lucky duck!

Ditto on Mama's fish house, little higher priced but well worth it.

Buzz's Wharf on the way to Lahaina is absolutely fantastic!!!! Order the Tahitian Prawns and you will think you have died and gone to heaven!

Also, don't miss the sunrise on Haleakla (misspelled I'm sure!) Dress warm the winds on top will freeze you but the second the sun rises you'll forget how cold you are and be in total awe, on the way back down stop and have brunch at Kula Lodge, the little restaurant that is at the base of the volcano.

Enjoy! MM

(Don't forget, LOTS & LOTS of pictures!)

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Also, don't forget snorkeling Molokini.

Alexanders Restaurant in Kihei for fish and chips. Next to the market that's great for shopping.

Someone mentioned spam musubi which is hilarious because I love it and my wife thinks it's so gross. TRY IT! (The only way to eat SPAM!) LOL

Seared ahi (tuna) also one of my favs when I'm in Hawai'i.

If you are on a budget like me go to Safeway and buy a piece of sushi grade ahi. Toast some sesame seeds in a pan. Fresh pepper the fish and roll in in the sesame seeds. In a hot pan sear the fish maybe a 1/2 minute a side and do all sides including the ends. It should be rare inside. Serve with Wasabi and soy sauce! FABULOUS!

I'M SO JEALOUS!!!

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Yeah Eric's was awesome. We discovered it a few years before they closed and loved it so much.

We sure miss those sunset meals. Their fish was so good.

They relocated to Lahaina and became a sushi place near Hilo Hatties.

• lucifer
    lucifer

Oh I am jealous, I suggest that you take lots of pictures and post them on here so we can be even more jealous lol

• Champion
    Champion

Again Thank you, It's so amazing how great people are here(unlike the congregation).

Please no one be jealous, we have waited along time to do this! It's a long flight for us from Connecticut but we finally just said " we need to do this now before the boys won't want to go with us". I really feel like it's going to be like paradise. I hope I'm right.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We haven't been to Maui since 1990. I think any place I would suggest is no longer there. There is a big turnaround in businesses there.

I do remember Mama's Fish House though.

All the beaches we loved to go to, now have big fancy hotels and the beaches are private.

You will have a great time. I also recommend the drive to Hana, but don't think of Hana as the end reward for you trip. The drive is so pretty and that is the event, not Hana.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit