Heading to Maui for vacation

by Champion 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Champion
    Champion

Hi everyone. This will be our first trip to Hawaii and we are flying from the Northeast USA. We will be staying about 8 days only on Maui. If anyone has any suggestions or info about resturants, places, or just fun stuff, I would love the input. Thanks

• luna2
    luna2

No recommendations as I've never been to Maui. Just wanted to say HAVE A GOOD TIME! lol Sounds like it will be a wonderful trip.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Eric's Seafood Grotto - great seafood, great prices, nice wait staff - be sure to sign the guest book.

Mama's Fish House - little pricey, but the ambiance is worth it!

The Road to Hanna - fun to do yourself, make sure to go to the Seven Pools for a dive. Takes all day. If its not the rainy season - you can travel all the way around the island (even though the car rental companies don't want you to).

Hawaii on a Budget dot com - great place to get reduced prices on things to do.

There are a couple good snorkel outfitters - make sure you do your homework on those.

Have fun - its one of the better islands!!

ALOHA

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

You lucky bugger.

If your staying in Lahaina, Longhi's for lunch. Kimos for dinner.

Eric's Seafood is closed now which is a shame 'cause it was great.

Bike down Haleakala. MUST DO. You have to get up at 2am so plan it early before the time change gets you.

Drive to Hana and beyond to the Oheo pools (seven sacred pools). Don't forget black sand beach and Hasagawa General Store.

Also check out the old church in Keanae (below) where "Jehova" is written on its sign.

Keanae Church, Hana

If you have kids, baby beach is great near Lahaina. And if you want to go to a meeting they built a gorgeous new hall too.

I'm officially jealous!

Aloha and have a great time.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

NOOO - Eric's is CLOSED!!! This is bad news...we ate there nearly everyday on the island.

Good reminder about biking down Haleakala, it was a blast. Shop around before hand for the best deals.

Forgot about Canoes restuarant. They have good Volcano drinks!!

Don't for get about a Luau!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

wonderful - have fun

• Amnesty Vendor
    Amnesty Vendor

Why the heck are you going 'To Maui'?

If I were you, I would leave ToDay!

(corny, but I just couldn't resist!)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Have a terrific time! Find a place that serves Lau Lau's. Meat wrapped in taro leaves and steamed for hours. Great with "2 scoup rice". Spam Musubi (a style of Sushi). There there is the artery blocking Loco Moco! 2 scoup rice, hamberger patty, fried egg, fried spam, and brown gravy. Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm!

This time of year the sun is going to be almost directly over head - make sure you use your sunscreen and wear your hats!

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Hope you have a good time! Eat a pineapple for me!

luv, jojo

• Champion
    Champion

Thank you everyone, I knew I could count on you guys!!! I am truly so excited. We are staying in the Wailea area for 6 days and then to Hana for 2 days. My boys are 14 & 11. I really can't believe it myself. I am truly taking what you guys say and using it, so again, thank you for all your suggestions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit