Have you been rejected by your JW children?

by AlwaysSeeking 18 Replies latest jw friends

• omerp
    omerp

This post should go with the "best of" part of the forum!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Always,

Thank you for asking. Add me into that bunch. All 3 of my children shun me. One of them I haven't seen for four long years...when I saw a recent picture, I could not pick her out from some of her friends. She had changed so much from a teen to an adult. I cried. I could have bumped into her her on the street and not known it was my very own child.

The last one folded under pressure from my x wife, an uber narrow-minded dub, her other relatives ...and the ever present elders. She's under a threat of DF'ing if she associates with me. I'm not DF/DA, just inactive for 7 years and because of my 'questioning' nature...I am a "spiritual danger" to her and my grand kids.

"Honor you Father & Mother, Love your neighbor as yourself...?" Nah...the WTS is like a very clever rich persons lawyer who can find that 'loop-hole' so they can act seem Christian, yet not really practice it.

How do I "handle it" ? Not very well.

I can't really give you any advice. I've tried to stay in contact...to no avail. What I have tried -- I have failed so far. I won't give up -- ever. I love them too much to stop now.

Good luck to us all...

• serendipity
    serendipity

((( Always Seeking )))))

• uninformed
    uninformed

alwaysseeking,

Funny you should ask that. I have 3 children who are quitting the org along with my wife and I primarily over the UN episode. I have a 4th child, a son, who is 31 years old now and is an MS in the Austin Tex area.

He called me last week to tell me because we were about to be disfellowshipped that he never, ever wants to see us or talk to us or be around us again, as long as he lives.

I asked him to please reconsider and at least give it a year to see how he feels, and then if he hates us, or if we still embarass him (that is what he said) then we would extend it to forever if he wanted to.

Well, last week, in Texas, a dear friend died, and my MS son was at the funeral and started telling a lot of our old friends that we were being disfellowshipped and we had our own memorial, and that we were basically crazy as March Hares. (I had previously asked him when people inquired about us either to give them my phone number or simply tell them that we were having a rough time staying in the organization because of the WT dallying with the UN. He said he would never tell anyone that, even though he well knows it is the reason we left.

Since he seems determined to go off on us like he has, I see a young man that does not respect his parents. Therefore, I contacted a lawyer today to see what it was going to take to get him out of the "family partnership" which is simply a will that is created to pass the inheritance tax free to the children.

So, I say, tough love. I would call the kids and tell them don't bother me until you are willing to treat me with love and respect, after all, it is the first command in the Bible that is tied in with a promise of a happy life. I am sure you have been good to your children, as I have, and now its going to cost the pompous a** some money. We'll see how he really feels.

U

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

bttt (because I think this is important and others may want to contribute)

• ferret
    ferret

Hi alwaysseeking. I have three daughters that shun me, and also have grandchildren that are 20 years old that I have never seen. And they have the nerve to call themselves Christians. I have one grandson and two grandaughters 19 through 21. Fortunately I have othe grand children that I have a great relationship with. How long does this insanity go on.

• roybatty
    roybatty

My 15 year old son rejected the wacky Jdubs but my 12 year old daughter, who is very close to her JW mother, appears to be headed more and more toward it. When I discuss this topic with my ex-wife, even she doesn't know how to answers. Even deep down she knows its wrong.

One has to wonder how a JW parent would feel if the non-JW parent brought their children to a anti-JW church which taught them to shun all things JW.

• caligirl
    caligirl

My step son turned 18 a few months ago, and we have only had a few token emails since. Nothing at all personal and avoids addressing anything about when he plans to visit again. We know he has been "groomed" that he will have to cut of relationship with us once there was no longer a court order, and we are pretty sure that is happening and that the only reason there is still any contact is because of graduation. The whole thing is infuriating.

• AlwaysSeeking
    AlwaysSeeking

Good morning!

It's been a few days since I posted and want each and every one of you to know how much I appreciate your taking the time to reply. Although I wish no other parents were experiencing this sadness (the same as I wish no one had to experience shunning, period!), it really helps knowing that there are others who understand exactly what I am feeling and others who have shown empathy.

I may have more to write after re-reading the posts, but want to say "thanks" to all of you!

AlwaysSeeking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit