Please Read, need advise or a good attorney

by Icansaylucky 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I suggest you read what looking glass said. A couple more times.

In a situation like this you really do need an attorney that specializes in wills and probate before the court.

It will cost you but not as much as this wierdo kid that would even think of acting like he would marry a demented very old woman just to get in her will might cost you.

Outoftheorg

• LDH
    LDH

OK, you won't have a lot of time to act. Call you County Social Services Department, get the phone number of the ELDER ABUSE center. Alternately as it's after 5, go online to their website and start doing some research.

Go from there, 'nuff said. They have attorneys who are well versed in this stuff.

I'm in CA too, Fresno County. If you are here, PM me.

Just keep in mind, the Supreme Court recently ruled in Anna Nicole Smith's favor. There are no guarantees.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Every state is different but one thing is certain. No "real" Attorney is going to risk their license by advising you over the INet.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

You're right MinisterAmos, I was looking for an attorney that would be interested in the case and provide us with a contact number. I was also looking for opinions of non attorneys as to what direction to proceed in. He's talked to a few attorneys that want a huge amount of money and he was hoping it wouldn't cost that much. I doubt the kid has the money to fight it so I'm thinking that maybe a letter or two from an attorney might be all it would take to make them go away.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Thanks jgnat, I knew I'd only get opinions, I thought maybe there was an attorney on her that could refer a California attorney that doesn't particularly like JWs. My ex husband doesn't want to let it go, at least not yet. As I mentioned we have two children, her only Grandchildren. He would like to help them, not this freak kid and his greedy parents. Sorry about your mom, that must be difficult. It sounds like you are handling it in a healthy way.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Yes that is the first thing that crossed my mind, that she was pushed down the stairs. She wasn't found right away either, very sad. I wouldn't have held back my suspicions when I talked with the father of the kid, but my ex is being careful with what he accuses them of. He did call the police and he told them the situation. He showed them the check register with all the checks written to this family and they said "she's deceased so there is nothing they can do" I disagree and think he should go to the D.A. office and bug them until they investigate it. I think the police are to lazy to bother with it. Thank you for your post.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

looking_glass, thank you for your good advise. I agree there should be criminal charges. I don't know how difficult it would be to get witnesses testify as to her mental illness. Not that it wasn't obvious, I just don't know if a JW would help my ex go up against this Elder and his family. They are all pioneers and in good standing. My ex husband doesn't even live in the town she lives in, he's 600 miles away but he's been down there since she died trying to get her house ready to sell. He lived there at one time but there aren't a lot of people left there that he knew years ago. One woman he talked to said that his mother developed a crush on the woman's husband and openly flirted and said sexual inappropriate things to him. She would treat this woman, his wife, like a rival. She said it was very odd. I do think she would testify. My ex husband asked this kid why he thought he should get this money and the kid said "I use to do things for her" He asked what he did for her and he replied that he use to wash her car. That is one expensive car wash I'd say. Also I forgot to mention that she bought this kid a car as well.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Good idea to look at websites on mental illness, I'm sure this is very common. Thank you.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Outoftheborg, you're right, it's inevitable that he is going to have to shell out some money for a good attorney. Maybe he'll get lucky and a couple of letters from an attorney might make them see the "new light". I'm sure they have justified this in their mind that they are pioneers and that this is Jehovah's way of providing for them. Thank you.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

I sent you a PM, let me know if you don't get it. Thank you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit