Do animals see "ghosts"?

by ButtLight 12 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I was reading this article, and it kinda gave me goose bumps. Simply because I have seen my two cats acting weird, when I saw nothing!

http://paranormal.about.com/cs/trueghoststories/a/aa111703.htm

One day, both cats ran to the bottom of the steps. They were crouched down, and one of them was growling. You could see both of them moving their heads at the exact same time as if they were watching something moving. I looked up the steps and saw nothing.

The other day, my cat was sitting on the table. All of a sudden he looked at the steps and started growling. Then it was like he was watching someone walk down the steps, into the dining room, and then back to the steps. The whole while he wouldnt stop growling and his eyes were as wide open as I ever saw them. Just a little weird! They do this quite often.

So for those who believe in ghosts, do you believe animals may be able to see what we cant? Do your cats or dogs ever do that?

• JH
    JH

If a ghost was present, it's possible that they could see it.

Probably your cats saw something, because both of them acted the same way...

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Probably your cats saw something, because both of them acted the same way...

Its just plain weird to see them both moving their heads back and forth,up and down, both together. And Im standing there looking at them, and back up the stpes, and cant figure out what the heck they are looking at. When they growl for no reason is strange too! When fluffy was growling, I said "what are you growling at?" He looked at me, and looked right back at the steps.

• metatron
    metatron

There are many reported incidents of ghosts appearing to both animals and humans, simultaneously, and the animals

getting as freaked out as the people. Suggests that it ain't all hallucinations.

metatron

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Maybe it was you they ran from?

Brooke

• kid-A
    kid-A

There are many reported incidents of ghosts appearing to both animals and humans, simultaneously, and the animals

getting as freaked out as the people.

Could you provide us with one published and documented case of the aforementioned statement?

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I believe that animals and maybe even small children can see 'something' that the rest of us can't. I'm not sure what they're seeing...my brother used to have conversations with someone or something when he was around 3 in the top bunk of our bedroom. I mean like asking and answering questions, not just gibberish. When I asked him who he was talking to, his eyes would be wide open and he didn't really answer.

Now I have a psychic dog. He hardly ever barks, but every now and then he'll put his ears back and start screaming at one corner of my living room. Sometimes he does it in the middle of the night, and when I go to check it out he runs to my bedroom shivering. Nothing is ever there.

He also ALWAYS knows when company is coming over. When he sits at the front door and whines, we know that a visitor is stopping by.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Huh. Don't want to seem strange, but my little cat, Luna, has been acting weird the last three days.

She spends long moments in the bathroom, most of the time in the bath, staring wide-eyed at something in a corner of the ceiling. Following it around with her eyes and trying to catch it as if there's a bug. Meowing at it, and at me, as if she wants me to check it out. I even climbed on the side of the bath the take a closer look, and there is NOTHING there.... but she keps staring.

Sometimes she even runs after it around the bathroom. It's pretty strange...I'm joking to my little brothers that she sees faeries...less scary then ghosts...

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

My mum died in hospital last year.

I was at home with my two cats and at the exact minute she died I was immediately aware that she had 'gone' and both my cats suddenly started watching the same spot in the room where I was sitting.

It seems to me that mum just dropped by to let me know and say goodbye. A couple of minutes later I got the phone call from my sister.

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

Stop it your guys! It's getting spooky in here! <-----what's THAT?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit