My son made me proud the other day.

by lowden 15 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

Very cool that your son thought to bring that up.

Welcome to the board, press any key!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well done to him! I bet his friend isn't the only jw who would struggle to answer that line of reasoning!

Hi press any key, and welcome to the board

• Undecided
    Undecided

What happens after all wicked ones are killed and then someone brings up the same question millions of years later. Will God do it all over again or will he just kill the one that disobeyed? Why didn't he do that to start with? I think that would make us fear God as we are taught to do in the bible. Why stretch out the problem for thousands of years and say,"See there, I told you so."

I guess if he had done that he wouldn't have the pleasure of killing his only beloved son to prove some other point I don't understand, or did HE really commit suicide as some religions say that beleive the trinity doctrine, or maybe one third suicide.

If I missed the point of life it's because God didn't explain it to me, after all we can't depend on human creatures who are born sinful and started all those false religions to give it to me truthfully(thinking of JWs and others).

Still looking for real answers.

Ken P.

• lowden
    lowden

Welcome Press Any Key! Good points you made.

Another point linked to what my son brought up is this :-

We are NOT being given the chance to 'go it alone' and do it our own way, because we allegedly have 'jumped up' invisible spirits misleading us. I say that if that influence was taken away, then mankind would do a much better job, it stands to reason. Therefore where's the justice in THAT?

Secondly, no matter how long into infinity we would live, people would always mess up and want to rebel.The issue may have been settled but rebels would ALWAYS exist, it's the very nature and essence of free will. Problems would always rear their heads. Other planets would be populated, new people would be born, perfect ones......and they would QUESTION things!! It's the very nature of our existence.

Thanks to all of ya for your replies regarding my son, it's appreciated.

Peace to ya

Lowden

• poodlehead
    poodlehead

Well what you just said was my point. That people have a rebelious nature,so you can't just kill everyone who doesn't agree with you. Sure it would make you fear God, but would you love him?

Also I believe we can learn from someone elses mistake. For example, we don't go around dropping Atom bombs. Why, it may be because other people have bombs now. But also because we also know more about them. We have learned from someone elses mistake. (I'm speaking of the after affects at Haroshema, not the fact that it ended the war).

It's the old saying- If someone jumped off a bridge, do you have to jump off the bridge. No when he hit the water and died. That pretty much ended any idea's of me jumping!

But I guess it comes down to. Do you still believe in the Bible? Or in God? I know for myself, that is hard to answer completely at times. I want to believe that the bible is from God. That is why I said I think it is good that your son asks these questions. Maybe someday he will ask the right person and get an answer he can except. Or he might except that God has more wisdom than we and it isn't that important to understand every little detail right now. I sure wish I knew all the answers, but like so many of us. I am trying to start from a clean slate and just learn what I can. I don't sweat the little stuff. My feeling are if there is a God, and the bible is his word. Will feeling one way or another on a subject mean I won't go to heaven, or where ever we are going. It's a wait and see.

• press any key
    press any key

Well, thanks y'all.

Been lurking a while and decided it was time to start making some noise.

Cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit