How many...

by LaCatolica 18 Replies latest jw friends

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

JWs you know have college degrees and have careers? If so, what on?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

None, including myself!

• daystar
    daystar

Zippo!

• mavie
    mavie

Our old PO had a degree in Forensic Science. Had a career in that field. I used to see him with jackets that said 'CSI' on the back.

• juni
    juni

Heh Mavie,

Keep working hard on your degree. Did I miss what your Major is?

Take care to both you and your wife.

Juni

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

Oh wow...that's nuts!

I don't think that anyone in my husband family has a college degree...(they are all JWs). I have a Master's degree and my husband is pushing me to get my PhD...Mind you, he doesn't have a degree at all...I tell him to get his butt into college and get his degree, then he asks, "what will I major in? (*he scratches his head*)...I .

It's pathetic...I personally think he'd make a great lawyer.

OH well, que sera, sera!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

One elder I knew [now dead] had a college degree. He had worked for the airforce before the 'troof' installing radar sites - was quite intellegent it seems. Then he gave it all up - raised chickens then later cleaned homes and toilets. I loved the guy - he really stood for what he believed. We were top friends till I departed - then the last year of his life I had to watch him die from a distance - he shut me out and off. I miss him.

Jeff

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

in our hall the PO and his wife were the only ones i knew of that had a college education.and both of theirs were in liberal arts.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I actually know quite a few. In the circut there are a number of lawyers and doctors. There are also a number of "young ones" now attending college.

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

So, I guess some circuits are more picky than others.

I hope the ones that FROWN upon college education, reconsider this...It's just so unfair to the youth coming up..nowadays it's getting more and more difficult to find a job if you don't possess some sort of degree...a BA is becoming worthless as we speak...they want to see MAs and PhDs...so, if the JWs don't want their people doing remedial jobs all their lives and earning pennies...they should begin encouraging higher learning!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit