Is David Blaine Possessed?

by lonelysheep 24 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That is a question I used to ask myself in my dub days. Prior to that, I'd always enjoyed magic and stunts, simply for entertainment, and always felt it was just a bunch of bologna.

Then, when I studied the bible, there were the answers, so I thought! He's inviting demons to make himself do all this crazy stuff! It's dem demons!!

Nowadays, I just get a laugh out of him.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=4129604

• KW13
    KW13

i think maybe he just gets bored of pizza and beer and thinks...mmm i might go drown myself.

• daystar
    daystar

What he performs is often misnamed as "magic" when really it is nothing more than illusion.

I watched a show the other day with him walking around performing street illusions. The one that I thought got the most response is his little levitation trick. That one is so easy to perform.You will note that in every case, he stands at a certain angle from the person and the camera and that his pants are rather baggy. He simply pushes up with the toes of the foot farthest from the observer. They can't see this from their perspective, so that it looks like he levitates.

It's all sleight of hand and illusion.

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

I love David Blaine...he's totally entertaining! It's always amusing to see what he'll get into next. The "Frozen in Time" trick was "cool"...now, he'll drown himself...that's HOT

My JW husband can't stand it...I told him to not read too deep into his work..it's all for entertainment purposes...that's all!

And if he gets possessed...that would be absolutely AWESOME! I saw one of his DVDs and he makes a trip to Haiti..(voodoo land)...the Haitians were scared of him and ran away from him as he performed card tricks for them...it was hilarious!

I don't know...to each his/her own, I guess. I, PERSONALLY, LIKE ALL THE ILLUSIONIST AND MAGICIANS!!!

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

As an amatuer magician & a Christian I run into this alot. I remember once that a group of us watched David Blaine, and he did some sort of trick with the mark writing out his/her name, and then "burning" that person's name onto his arm. My firends got all disturbed, and thought he was demon possessed until I replicated the trick for them, and should them how it was done. I then told them that this is what magic is, me controlling their eyes to see what I want them to see.

That being said, David Blane is a very good magician, though I am more partial to the classical magician's style of Lance Burton.

• Gill
    Gill

He's possessed with the stunning ability to perform illusions......that's all! Funny bloke!

• daystar
    daystar

XJW4EVR

I bought Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic last year. I haven't taken the time to work with it yet. Any opinion of him? I dont even really know who he is, but this book got good reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0762414553/ref=wl_it_dp/103-7433386-0239020?%5Fencoding=UTF8&colid=NVODAHP3JXO5&coliid=I132801KOIO35V&v=glance&n=283155

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I enjoy watching David Blaine too. I'm not very impressed with illusions that involve a lot of stage equipment and advance preparation... given enough time and money anyone can do that. David Blaine on the other hand does close-up slight of hand illusions. Those are the illusions that require a lot of imagination and practice to get right.

Also, keep in mind that David Blaine uses the television audience as a major component in what he does! He can create the illusion that most or all of the things he does creates an amazing reaction from the people he is performing for. He never shows the tricks that went "bust".

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

No, Criss Angel is the one who's possessed.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Reminds me of when my mother told me she doesn't watch David Cooperfield (the magician) beccause he's demonized!!

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit