why do jws fear getting 'priveleges' revoked?

by Bgurltryal 23 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

In my hall, all the young boys and men were the ones that carried the mikes. Then you had to be baptized to handle them. I was crushed. I was just allowed to run the sound console and was very happy about that. I waited a couple of years and then got baptized. They asked me within the week to handle the mikes. I think that the brother got the picture without me actually giving him the finger.

I was quite the silent rebel in the hall after a while. I wouldn't sing, wouldn't answer, wouldn't handle the mikes, wouldn't be in the school. Fuck them. I hate them.

Slipnslidemaster: "If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use? Two strong oxen or 1024 chickens?"
    - Seymour Cray

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Hungry4life:

I mean people will know and then you will be labeled "bad association". The buzz begins and their goes your social life (if you can call it that). I mean for young people who can't play sports, have "worldly" friends and participate in extra curriculur activities getting the BA label can be devestating.

True, but it can also work out the opposite way. When I was a JW I busted my butt for all of those "wonderful priveleges." But the pioneer sisters (I wouldn't DREAM of dating a sister who wasn't putting Jehovah first) all went for the "dangerous" brothers. The ones who barely went to the hall, who sported almost-beards, and had rumors floating around about how they got sisters "in trouble."

Come to think of it, maybe I'll make a visit to a KH this weekend. My goatee aught to drive those sexually frustrated pioneer sisters wild.

Hmmm

BTW I like your name

he told me sweet lies of sweet loves
    heavy with the burden of the truth
    and he spoke of his dreams
    broken by the burden
    broken by the burden of his youth
    fourteen years he said
    i couldn't look into the sun
    she saw him laying at the end of my gun
    hungry for life
    and thirsty for the distant river
  • zev
    zev

word of advise....

when i stepped down as a m.s. i took on a new word in my vocabulary.

" N O "

it works. try it.

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

Hmmmm Great quote where did you get it ?
    Would you mind if I added it to my signature?
    Up until this point I hadn't found anything I liked enough. Thanks for sharing it, I will wait for your response.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit