why do jws fear getting 'priveleges' revoked?

by Bgurltryal 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal

From what i understand these privilages aren't much of a privilage!
    I'd be wearing a fake beard just to get them revoked.

• Seeker
    Seeker

When you are in a closed society, anything that elevates your status looms large in the imagination. Furthermore, when you are told that getting these privileges are a sign of God's blessing, they could ask you to take out the trash and you will be grateful.

Very simple psychology.

• bboyneko 2
    bboyneko 2

the best 'privilege' was pasing the mikes...and like, setting up the mike to the correct height before each brother went up to the stand to give a talk. How degrading.....

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

We had a hydrolic mast at my last hall. I was so used to each brothers hight, I could set the Mic just right before he even got onto the stage.... kinda sad now that i think about it

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal

I just wanted everyone to picture me, a curly blonde, sitting there in the kingdom hall nonchalantly wearing a fake beard.

• bboyneko 2
    bboyneko 2

They would council you to shave

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

QUESTION THEM AS TO WHY YOU NEED TO SHAVE!!!!

• bboyneko 2
    bboyneko 2

has there ever been a bearded lady JW..do they council women if they have hairy legs?

• sf
    sf

"why do jws fear getting 'priveleges' revoked?"

They would no longer be "receiving" (taking) more than they "give".

Thus, their "power" would cease. THAT is frightening to most of Them.

Rejection is the next most frightening. No power=rejection. All my opinion only, of Kourse.

sKally, Still! NOT a rocket scientist

• Black Man
    Black Man

They fear gettin' their privileges revoked because its akin to losing God's blessing being taken away or your whole sense of being lost. ITS ALL PSYCHOLOGY. Nice way to keep the rank and file in line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit