Giving a Talk on JW's

by aniron 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gadget
    Gadget

I'm doing this in June at a pagan camp. I'm going to focus on unethical methods of persuasion, and how they fit the criteria to be a cult. My main point is how they can identify the warning signs of an unsafe group, as demonstrated by my experiences with jws, and so how they can protect themselves from being sucked into a similar group whether it be religious, business, psychotherapy, political or whatever.

http://www.penwitchcamp.co.uk/programme.html

• scout575
    scout575

Aniron: I would mention how they believe:

1 - The 100% inspiration of a deeply flawed, barbaric, ancient text called the Bible.

2 - The grotesque punishments meted out by God in the Old Testament.

3 - The NT threat that anyone not listening to Jesus will be executed ( Acts 3:23 ).

4 - Jesus' promise that a fate similar to the incineration of the people of Sodom awaits the 'ungodly' at his 'return' ( Luke 17:29,30 ).

5 - The 'end of the world' is nigh.

I'm sure these points would be enough to put most people off JWs, and maybe a few other religions, aswell.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Just put the Witnesses of Jehovah cd on.

• mathead
    mathead

Don't forget a power point presentation or somethings similar.

I would give the audience some food for thought and then dim the lights abit and show the many watchtower revisions on a projector screen. This allows visual stimulation of your audience and increases the impact of what you saying,

• greendawn
    greendawn

Their policy towards dissenters should be brought out, they expel any JWs that disagree with the GB's ideology or style of rule without ever replying to the points raised by these dissenters. They order them shunned out of fear that they will expose their rotten belief system.

• learntoswim
    learntoswim

you could always go right against the societys guidelines and present both sides of the story.

you could present all the good aspects of being in the truth (2 mins)

and then talk about the reason why you would never want to join (so many mins)

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I think you sould go about it the same way JWs go about creating new members.

1. Fist tell them about all the great things JWs believe (no hellfire, Paradise on earth, and other "major" factors that get peoples attention.

2. After the positive talk about these "major" beliefs, begin to share with them some of the more obscure points. I think the best is to use alot of information in the daniel and Revelation book. That will show how through fear, and individual is first hooked on the goodies, then feared to follow and organization that has been "shown" has divine backing.

3. Then focus the rest on the Faitful slave parable and how they misrepresent what it really means to prove their own worth.

Give them the expierance that many have us gone through. I'm amazed at how simply bringing up the crazy beliefs in a way that JWs are not used to saying them really makes them sound crazy. Like:

-God reject all relgions expect the JWs in 1919
    -Nobody will be granted immortal life if they where born after 1935
    -God specifically chose the Watchtower as his only approved messanger to teach others about Christ

There are many others, but that's the gist of what I think. Good luck!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Here are some free handouts for you. Most of them are designed for ppl who know nothing about JWs & aimed at preventing them from getting involved with the cult.

http://jwinfo.8m.com/activism.htm

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Well everythings been suggested.You could cut one open to see if theres a borg inside.Wear rubber gloves.Could be oil,could be blood.All I got...

• Shining One
    Shining One

If you would like a copy of my outline, please IM me. I have done this several times in different formats, preaching and interactive teaching.
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit