Hopefully planted a seed

by merfi 5 Replies latest jw friends

• merfi
    merfi

A little background -- about a month ago, I was telling my brother (not jw) about the JW involvement with the UN and why it would freak out the average dub. The little fart (well, he IS three years my junior) added the PO's wife to his msn contact list and changed his screen name to "JW part of the UN". She sent a freaked out message to him "how did you get my address?" etc. He explained that it 'just happened', ie a virus or something. Then deleted her. His fun was over and it scared him that she called him out. LOL

Yesterday, my daughter (12yo) was over at the PO and wife's house to 'read magazines' (*gag*) with their daughter (19yo) yesterday. The PO wife told my daughter about the whole thing, how my bro added her and that the screen name creeped her out. My daughter didn't really know what to say... I mean, what did the PO wife WANT her to say?!? geez. It pissed me off that she brought it up to her... she is an interrogative, snoopy bitch and this is a classic example of bait. So, today I wrote her this letter: Vickie, Mxxx told me that you brought up to her the inadvertant adding of you to my brother's msn messenger list. As he already explained to you, an internet virus or some sort of computer glitch added some of my contacts (the ones that were "online" at the time on mine) to his contact list. He apologized to you and deleted you. End of discussion. Please do not involve Mxxx in it as it does not pertain to her; it is not necessary to discuss it with her. I apologize for his screen name "creeping you out" -- the screen name was a goad at me about the Society's involvement with the UN as an NGO/DPI. He intended no malice towards you and regrets the whole situation, which does not need rehashed, especially to Mxxx. Thank you for respecting my wishes.

I'm sure that my writing to her will irk her (I'm DA) to no end, my calling her out on this will bug her and HOPEFULLY the bit about the UN will raise a tiny flag.... I'm sure I will hear something at some point.

~merfi

• nsrn
    nsrn

I think it was a great reply! Sounds like you can't count on her not mentioning it to the child again, though--she'll probably get scolded for telling you!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Good letter merfi, let's hope it makes her think, although being the po's wife might inhibit her from that.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Well written, Merfi! The huffy-puffy elderette had no bizness pestering a child about the matter. Hmmm, the UN issue sure got her bra in a twist, didn't it!

• merfi
    merfi

This Vickie replied, aplogized for the misunderstanding and said she was not trying to involve my daughter in anything. Ok, whatever... She did not address the UN point.

On a side note, the 'seed planted' may be a different one than I thought. Today my daughter asked "what IS this 'JW in the UN' thing all about anyway?" So I was able to explain it. She also told me that she commented at meeting today. I was thinking "oh great..." but she said she answered the question about treating those in other religions (can't remember the exact thing. anyway....). Her answer was that "we shouldn't call other people 'ignorant' and be mean about them and judge them, but instead teach them" HALF of this is what I've been planting in her the past couple months.

~merfi

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Way to go Merfi and daughter!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit