Simple question that I always wondered about?

by omerp 16 Replies latest jw friends

• omerp
    omerp

I have noticed that at the Kingdom Hall there are no cemeteries around! Where do they bury the dead of the faithful Jehovah's Witnesses? I'm not sure but if they are buried at the local cemeteries which are Catholic, United Church, etc... etc.... isn't that being a bit hipocrit to speak openly about these church right from the pulpit yet those Churches are good enough to rest in peace? Can anyone enlighten me on this? I know some are creamated but what about the rest?

• kid-A
    kid-A

Interesting point, I never really thought about that.

My guess would be that historically, the JWs (from Russell onwards) had always assumed they would never die, hence, why invest in the land needed for cemeteries linked

to the king-dumb halls since none of them would ever die anyways? The funny thing about the JWs, is that I have never known a group of people collectively that are so incapable of coping

with death. They always act "shocked" when one of the friends die, like it was something "unnatural" ! LOL.

However, given that Millions once living are now DEAD, they probably should consider getting into the death business. If current trends continue, since soon they will have more dead

members then living members.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

They bury their dead in a regular old cemetary just like everyone else.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

most in my area are buried in the paupers cemetary.. anyone who is buried in the larger nice cemetaries usually got a " who do they think THEY are?" kind of attitude from the "friends".

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

Yeah...and it still bothers me when they say that they don't go to heaven when they die. (Only "chosen" ones go)...

• omerp
    omerp

Yeah lovelylil but who owns these cemeteries? Since they are the only true religion if they bury them in someone elses cemetery then isn't that going against their religion since they are not to attend a service there when they were alive.

• blondie
    blondie

Not every church has a cemetery attached to it.....my in-laws go to 5 separate churches and 3 denominations, all without cemeteries attached. They bought plots in the town cemetery. No cemetery required if you get cremated, just up on the mantel or in the garage.

Blondie (who travels a lot and sees lots of churches w/o cemeteries attached) Also, see cemeteries w/o churches attached.

• omerp
    omerp

In our small city, the city donsn't have a cemetery of its own so just for curiousty sakes I must ask that to some of my JW friends.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Don't know about in other countries but in the U.S. most churches do not have cemetaries attached. And in any case, in the U.S. there is almost invariably a privately owned cemetary near even the smallest of towns which serve people of all faiths or those of none.

-Eduardo

• Atlantis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit