A special day today!! ~~ I'm meeting MARIO!!

by bebu 17 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

Yes!! He's in my area because of his job. I'm driving down to see him, and we'll have some dinner together at the hotel restaurant where he's staying. I spoke with him on the phone for the first time last night. A great conversation.

He is extremely overworked right now, trying to pay off debts and repair credit problems created by Tonya. He's got a few hours before he leaves tomorrow morning.

He told me that he looks forward to the day when things change for him, and he is able to have time to go to a meetup/apostafest and visit with everyone. I know he will really like that.

Anyway, I'll take a picture or two, and if he okays it, I'll post 'em here. If you want to send any special messages (I'll be leaving around 3 pm PST), go ahead and post. (Of course, he'll always be able to read your posts himself the next time he can have time to visit.)

bebu

(For those who have hours of free time, here is the reference:)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/80403/1.ashx

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

how weird. i was just thinking about him and wondering how he was last night!
    have a great dinner and send my hellos..

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

have a lovely time - we look forward to hearing all about.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Give him four hugs from all four of us Scotts! We think of him often and hope he is recovering.

Nina

• acsot
    acsot

great news, bebu! You've done so much to help him through the tragedy he faced, I'm glad you'll both be able to meet.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Ask him where Luiggi is!!!! Just kidding. Send him our regards!

• LDH
    LDH

Please tell Mario he is always my brother, and to give me a call when he has a second.

Lisa

• delilah
    delilah

Bebu, I just read the link, and I'm so saddened by all that I read there. Mario is a man of great courage, let me tell you! He has been through hell, and then some. I know you will have a wonderful time, meeting Mario for the first time. Enjoy. Looking forward to seeing pictures, if he doesn't mind you posting them.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Have a great dinner!

Is Mario still living in Rhode Island? I haven't read any updates lately.

Please give him hugs from his Massachusetts neighbor and also tell him that he is welcome to come to my Apostate BBQ in June or August.

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• bebu
    bebu

I'll certainly pass along your messages to him.

He really regards JWD as family.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit