Is revenge sweet?

by lovelylil 31 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I will let my friend know that it is mail fraud. But I wonder how they would catch someone at that? It seems to be untraceable?

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I don't really know how they could; however I do know people have been prosecuted. I remember several years ago a man was sent to jail for a few months because he was harassing his neighbor with literally hundreds of mail subscriptions. It is considered harassment because it is considered merchandise that the person didn't order....

I think the person getting the subscriptions would have to file a complaint with the US Postmaster.

When you send something thru the mail fraudently; it's considered mail fraud and you can be punished by up to 5 years in prison for every occurrence...

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I better tell my friend, she thinks it is just a harmless prank. Thanks

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I am sure it would be hard to prove - I remember that this particular dispute was an ongoing dispute between neighbors and this lady received hundreds of mail subscriptions in the mail and they were able to prove it was the neighbor. It would also be considered theft of services on the part of the magazines sent to her.

Word for the wise; getting revenge and then up serving time would be no fun; the poor girl would be harassed by JW's wanting to talk about God behind bars!

• bebu
    bebu

I wonder if there is a distinction between revenge, which seems to be a kind of punishment for something I've suffered, and pranks to make a point. If there is, it seems that motivation is the difference.

I don't think I've ever gotten revenge on anyone in a big way (since I've grown up!), but I've had some good laughs at hearing stories where someone taught another a very good 'lesson'. Some people do well to have their bag of hot air punctured, for example.

bebu

• osmosis
    osmosis

I try to avoid the issue by not letting people do things to me that would make me thirst for revenge in the first place.

But failing that, yes, appropriate revenge can be very very sweet. I say appropriate to mean that there has to be a point to the revenge, it can't just be bad for the other guy/gal, there has to be a valuable lesson in there somewhere.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

KW13 - the Oxo cube reminded me.....

While making coffee, we (yes, there was 2 of us) added just enough Bisto granules to give it an odd taste - we then unwrapped some Cadbury's Chocolate Fingers, and while the coffee was 'infusing' wore one each in each nostril and ear - then we extracted the choc fingers from said orrifices and served them on a plate to the 'victim'.

• ballistic
    ballistic

revenge...

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I wish that was my car

• ballistic
    ballistic

more revenge...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest