me, the apostate attending jw funeral/memorial service

by Lutece67 10 Replies latest jw friends

• White Waves
    White Waves

Lutece67, I give you credit. I could not attend such a function. My JW family has NEVER attended a NON-JW function - funeral, wedding or otherwise. The reasoning is that JW's don't allow it. Extended relatives speak otherwise. IN reality, I believe my parents are so weak in the faith they would be swayed... I say bring it on. I praise the elder that gave personal character to the service. This does not happen in my area. The elders stick to a script and it is so impersonal that all funeral talks are literally the same. It makes me cry that the life and personality of the lost one is not cherished and praised. Honestly, I don't think I could go to a JW funeral service. I fear the JWs would see this as weakness on my part (my family sure would) and that I miss their organization. Perhaps this would count as a JW attendance and they would use this to justify DFing me. The memory of this person is not lost = that is what matters. Good luck to you. I wish you the best. I hope you find the closure you are looking for. WW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit