IM SOOOO ANGRY

by Es 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Hey all

I had one of the worst days yesterday . My fu#$ing boss rang me up and practically abused me over the phone. Since ive been pregnant he has really backed off, i dont get hardly any hours at work i work a crappy 4 hour week. I have to travle 40 mins on train to get to city to work for 4 hours in the end by pays is $50 when you take out the train ticket...so hardly worth it.

Anyway i worked on Monday 6 hour day, he left me some accounting work which he knows i cant do and office work. I worked my butt off that day it was constant. He then rings me yesterday so three days later and tells me how disapointed he was with my work,and then tells me off for the coffee cups in the sink which were not all mine, granted i didnt have time to wash them but the other lady that works there said she would. So i said to him no im not taking full blame for that, and then he starts telling me off bout the state of the stationary cupboard. Now in the last two weeks i have only worked that Monday and didnt even use the stationary cupboard so again i said im hardly ever there im not taking the blame for that either. And then he just kept talking and i basically hang up on him.

He got me so worked up that i started getting pains in my stomach which with the pregnancy thing is prob not a good thing. Im so unbelievably angry i mean he has done this kind of crap before but this time i think its gone too far. I dont even want to go to work next week i dont want to even look at him right now.

Sorry i really needed to vent

es

and to top it off i left my fav sunglasses at the docs and realised when i got home which is like 40 mins away and i dropped a hot plate of food on my foot and burnt my toe

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

wow that sucks!!
    its one of those days where if you can, just put your jammies on and go back to bed!

rest and try to calm down some.. your lil baby doesnt like an upset mommy!

hugs

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

es,

so sorry to hear about your bad day. Some people have no respect for others and dont know how to talk politely. Even if he felt you did something wrong, he did not have to be abbrasive. Please take it easy, you don't want to be too upset when you are expecting.

Do you think he is treating you this way because you are pregnant or was he a jerk before? I only ask becuase I had a boss that I got along great with as long as I gave 100% to his company but once he found out I was pregnant, he figured I would not be able to support him as much anymore because I would have to take time for my kid, and he started changing and getting really mean. It is not uncommon for bosses to discriminate against pregnant workers and this could happen if they are men or women. I hope that is not the case.

Anyway, how far along are you? is this your first?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Yeah, I'd be pissed if I were prego too!

caveman

• Es
    Es

thanks candid and lovelylil,

lovelylil he always has been a bit of a jerk, we have had a few run ins before this is his business and he has know idea how to be a boss, i reckon he was having a bad day and thats why he rang just to make himself feel better.

He had actually improved since i told him i was pregnant and considering his wife has just fallen pregnant you think he would be a bit better. Im three months today this is my second baby

es

• jojochan
    jojochan

((((es))))

I'm sorry that you had a bad day. But Congrats on you expecting a little "es" running around soon!

much hugs!

jojochan.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Es

That job is so not worth it. Call it quits.

• Scully
    Scully

Surely there are laws in Australia regarding employers abusing their employees? And also laws in Australia regarding not discriminating against an employee due to a physical condition such as pregnancy?

If you're only getting 4 hours of work a week, maybe it's time to pick up some work at another job. I certainly wouldn't tolerate abuse of that nature for $50 a week.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Sorry to hear that you are angry.

From what you have written it certainly seems like you are receiving less favourable treatment because you are pregnant and as such in my neck of the woods thats discriminatory and is unlawful. I would check out your rights Es.

The less favourable treatment is your lack of hours for work since your pregnancy and no doubt his irratic behaviour both of whcih you should argue didnt exist before your pregnancy or that it didnt exist to a certain extent.

DB74

• Mary
    Mary

Ah Scully, can you tell we're both from the Great White North?? Your response was exactly what I was thinking....there's got to be some sort of laws Down Under that protect the employee from abuse like this. Also, if you're pregnant and he's inflicting emotional harm that could possibly do damage your the baby, then that's an avenue you may want to approach too.

But I also agree that this job isn't worth it. $50.00 a week, abuse and a 40 minute ride? Hell, you'd be better off working in a donut shop close by!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit