JWs Try To Micro-Manage Every Possible Scenario In Life!

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Why can't Witnesses be like normal people? Because they have to think about every single possibility that MIGHT or COULD occur. What if someone could be "stumbled" by my course? What "could" outsiders think if I did this or that----even though it is my right?? What if my children misbehave? It could make "worldly" people not see the "Truth". Blah, blah, blah.

• JH
    JH

It's funny that when a weak witness is in financial trouble, discouraged, without work, or with a personal problem, they don't think of how they can help that person.

That's not only a possible scenario, it's happening all the time.

• vitty
    vitty

Yeah im sure I worried needlessly about "giving a good witness " to neighbours and schools.

• minimus
    minimus

Everything you do is under the microscope!

• blondie
    blondie

Can you say, Pharisees?

• jstalin
    jstalin

It's a sympton of cult mind control. Any controlling organization wants the member to be dependent on the organization. If you train people to be unable to apply principles themselves through critical thinking, they will train themselves to look to someone else to make decisions about their own life. It's dependence.

• minimus
    minimus

True......they want you to check with themregarding every detail to make sure you don't sin somehow---even if you didn't do it consciously. Yup--they are Pharisees!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

HELP!!!! Can I eat red M & M's or not????

I don't want to die at Armageddon because I accidentally ate some sinful candy!!!

• minimus
    minimus

About candy, you can only eat holiday candy AFTER the holiday (when it goes on sale).

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

hahah...yep, yep!

My mother-in-law loves to come to MY house and try to run things...(I know this is typical M-I-L behavior, but my mom doesn't do this when she comes over)...M-I-L acts like she's helping, but she's actually voicing out all the things that are wrong. blah, blah, blah...it's so freakin' annoying. Also, what's up with the negative thinking...??? omg, there's always a rapist going around (lock your door), a bad virus (take care of the baby), and more horrible things happening that she's ALWAYS talking about.

My husband had a headache the other day and she right away diagnosed him with a tumor!!! Hello!!! How sick is that!!! All that negative thinking is BAD..it jinx the person. I was taught not to think that way b/c it can actually happen. By mentioning it so much it can actually happen!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit