Bethel rules... fables or truth...

by MrMoe 25 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

Drac, did you know Stan Norton?

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

I went there for temporary construction work in the late 80s. My first day there, my uncle and aunt picked me up from the airport and we got there in time for dinner. I was wearing a sweatshirt with a designer logo and had to change before eating. For the next two weeks I had to wear all my t-shirts inside out. I was working in the basement, insulating pipes, wearing coveralls, but I still had to wear my shirts inside out.

Hmmm

• julien
    julien

Can you really get satellite cable and DSL there?

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

joel:

The name sounds familiar, can you tell me where he was from?

• Stealth
    Stealth

Is it true that when flushing the toilet you must stand there and watch it go down, and then give a second flush if needed?

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

I do that anyway, thats just common courtasy man :P... Not to mention embarasing when the next person goes in there and say "WHO LEFT THE FLOATER???"

• Stealth
    Stealth
    basically, its like a collage dorm from what he says :)

If the WTS did a better job to advertise advertise advertise they would have one serious waiting list.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Going back a few years, but does anyone remember Sophie?

She was a nurse that would visit you in your room if you were sick.
    She would do and say what ever she could to get you to got to work it didn't seem to matter how sick you looked. She would put you on a guilt trip if you didn't go to work.

I'll defend your right to say it, but it doesn't mean I beleive it.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

A second flush may be needed, particularly if more than one page of the _Watchtower_ was used during wiping. That low quality paper could put up a fight sometimes.

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

I know this guy that believes all the strick rules they say Bethel has, even the ones that everyone else knows are not true. Raising his son, he told him he was supposed to have his room immaculate like they do at Bethel...and had all these other expectations that were too strict for the poor kid. Of course he did not let his son have worldy friends, or an extrac activity.

His son is now in his early twenties and serving time for dealing drugs. Talk about pushing your kid to the other end of the spectrum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit