Anger over disfellowshipping

by jambon1 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• jambon1
    jambon1

I have now spoken with a couple of worldly people regarding the practise of disfellowshipping.

Having been out of the org for a few months I now feel confident enough to expose the things that I knew were wrong. D/F was one of the biggest issues I had. The funny thing is, I never was D/F`d or had a close relative d/f`d. But I just felt the absolute injustice of it. As soon as my beutiful kids were born I just knew that I could NEVER treat my own flesh & blood in such a cruel manner over some of the trivial 'sins' that they may have comitted in the future.

Anyway, I have spoken in detail as to how it all works & the effects that it has on people. One person just sat stunned as I explained what happens. I did this in the fairest way that I possibly could. No hate or malice. I just told the facts. This person, I believe, was absolutely shocked that this happens regularly to people all over the civilised world. He was preofoundly effected by what I told him, & saddened. He too is a parent.

The other person again sat in shocked disbelief. At the end of our discussion I highlighted how I just could not have treated my own family in the required WTS way. She agreed and said the words "I`d rather rip my heart out".

I now feel anger that I ever bought into such an unloving organisation. I feel that you dont really learn in the 'bible study arrangement' just how the d/f law is practised. Its not until you see time after time just how cruel & unloving it really is. I have known a mother who looked like her soul had been ripped out because one of her kids was d/f``d. She just always looked lifeless. Some say that the eyes are the window to the soul. Its true that you can tell a lot from the eyes of a person. Well, this sister never had a soul left to look at after all the emotions she had obviously gone through.

I suppose she had had her `heart ripped out` just like my friend said.

Bastards.

• Honesty
    Honesty

It is a control tactic the JW's and Amish use to keep their prisoners in line.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I feel that you dont really learn in the 'bible study arrangement' just how the d/f law is practised.

They don't spend much time talking about it, and they don't tell you about all the other rules in the elders manual either. If I had been aware of its contents I never would have been baptized.

W

• Emma
    Emma

Shunning is so against our nature. Shows how brainwashed most of jw's are.

• CincinnatiKid
    CincinnatiKid

Well,

To be fair, I would say that most of the d/f's are well intentioned how ever missguided. Whether they are right or wrong most elders believe that they are protecting the congregation. I do say most because there are many out there who would say otherwise. I totally agree that the practice is over used and most of the offenses are caused by the congregation.

Also, even though it may be well intentioned, it doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt all affected parties. There was a big shake-up years ago in my former cong and it also hurt the elders so much that most of them are not elders anymore. Most elders (or all people for that matter) don't take into account the effects of being d/f. They've built this entire world that is isolated from the outside and then kick people out not realizing that there is no place for them to go. Its a great thing if someone can recover from this and lead a normal life.

• metatron
    metatron

and consider the latest affront to decency by the Watchtower Society:

Their new book says absolutely nothing about disfellowshipping , yet is expected to lead people to baptism.

metatron

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Jambon1--good for you to inform people. I have been sharing a lot of info with my co-worker on the JW behaviors, and she gets very disgusted at their self-righteous, non-Christian attitude.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Shortly after I was disfellowshipped, I too shared my experience with non-JW friends and co-workers. I simply and unemotionally told how DF'd ones are cut off from family and former associates.

I have yet to find one who said, "I really understand why Jehovah's Witnesses do that. That sounds very kind (or Christian)."

I have yet to meet anyone who wasn't stunned after hearing of this practice.

• jw
    jw
    Shunning is so against our nature. Shows how brainwashed most of jw's are.

REALLY, HAVE YOU READ SOME OF THE SHUNNING ON THESE THREADS?

• ballistic
    ballistic

jw, let's be honest here. You know nothing about shunning or disfellowshipping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit