Apple Imac VS Dell

by pratt1 14 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I made the switch to apple 4 years ago and will never look back. They are wonderful machines. Pretty soon you will be able to be running all of your windows apps on them with little troubble. They cost more, but in my opinion you get alot more as well. The operating system blows windows away by leaps and bounds.

• pratt1
    pratt1

Thanks everyone for the advice.

I am leaning towards the Apple Imac.

I'll let you know how it goes.

• KW13
    KW13

Well here is something.

Apple macs with the new boot camp software can run Windows XP as well as OSX or if your as smart as me, you could run OSX on your PC

• poppers
    poppers

I've been drooling over getting an iMac for some time now - just waiting for the next generation so there are no software glitches.

• Simon
    Simon

The iMac is looking very nice since the switch to Intel - even I am thinking of buying my first Mac !

The Intel Mac can be dual-booted to run Windows XP and there is also a new Virtual Machine program from www.parallels.com that lets you run Windows in a Window (using the new Intel virtualisation features it's supposed to be practically native performance too!).

The Apple is a nice package but they are relatively expensive. They are going after the high end market of people willing to pay a premium price for more 'design' (an aspirational product).

Dells are far cheaper and much better value if you spec up like-for-like hardware. They tend not to be *as* nice package wise (typical PC) but some of the smaller desktops are quite nice and the laptops are great.

Depends what you are after. The iMac is very neat (one power cord, that's it) and is all integrated. You won't be able to upgrade it though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit