The funeral

by MadamDefiance 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MadamDefiance
    MadamDefiance

I guess you could say I grew up as a lamb in the organization. Encouraged to get baptized at age 14 so I followed the crowd of eager robots thinking it would impress mom. (such a fine christian sister) Hey that's all I knew at that time. No one listened about the problem with my step-father because he was a witness.Suddenly I got kicked out at fifteen going sixteen. I was set up and ratted out by an elite click of silverspooned elder teenage lambs. Soon the congregation had talks about following Jezebel ways. Left Tx moved to Cali. Began living with my Gran-mother (non-J.W.) Gran-mother loved me as her own and accepted me fully. I miss granny. I had a wonderful life with her .

Later Granny died, my mother (remains a J.W.) took over the funeral arrangements. Now, not only did my family in california have to travel to Tx for the funeral (non-J.W.)

But My mom gave my gran-mother a Jehovah's Witness funeral. All my mom's friends from the kingdomhall was there. They stared me down like zombies. Not even a word was spoken to me. The elder giving the funeral talk says only J. W. will get into the kingdom of God but for non- believers there can be hope of a resurrection..... Now I repeat my gran-mother was not a witness! She was a devote believer of the trinity.

I bought a beautiful flower arrangement on a large stand for my gran-mother. The only flower from my mother's J.W. friends was one flower pot from the grocery store. I kid you not.........

Most of the non- J.W. family remain upset and offended today.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

MD - sad to hear your story - but so very common in witness lore. They believe that they have the right to interlope into affairs of anyone - perhaps because they think they have the only access to godliness on the planet. Of course offending you, a known sinner in thier eyes was of little consequence. I am sure they enjoyed the opportunity to show thier holiness to you. [Gag]

Most of the non- J.W. family remain upset and offended today.

My experience left the same bad taste in non-witness relatives' mouths. My mother's funeral was boycotted by the local KH robots, due to my having left the 'truth' earlier in the year. [Though no one at the time knew why but my wife and I.] We were being apostate-shunned, and so not a single witness flower, call, visit, or letter to us or any of mom's sisters, though Mom was a heart-believer in the witness religion. [Though inactive by witness standards of self righteiousness]

I never miss an opportuity to tell the story to anyone who will hear. It makes for wonderful anti-witness campaign fodder.

So glad to have you on the forum.

Jeff

• ferret
    ferret

MD your grandmom was probably a far more righteous person than many JW's. Who are they to say who gets to live or not. Judge not lest you be judged is something they do not believe in. Welcome to JWD, hope to hear more from you.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi MD, welcome to the forum! JW funerals leave a lot to be desired.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi MD and welcome to the forum.

Your post reminds me that I must get my act together and organise my own funeral.

Hopefully it is a long way off, but accidents do happen and I am sure that my family would arrange a funeral that I would not be proud of.

It's nice to meet you.

Chris

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome MadamDefiance. You will always have fond memories of your 'wonderful life' with your Gran mother, something you would never have had had you remained a JW.

Was this recent? I have no idea of American geography (or any other for that matter - lol), but your Gran mother had to be taken to another State for her own funeral? That's unheard of - well, here.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Gran-mother loved me as her own and accepted me fully.

You found Unconditional Love, I can understand why you miss Her so.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings & Welcome to the Board

Dismembered

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

MadamDefiance:

Later Granny died, my mother (remains a J.W.) took over the funeral arrangements. Now, not only did my family in california have to travel to Tx for the funeral (non-J.W.)

But My mom gave my gran-mother a Jehovah's Witness funeral. All my mom's friends from the kingdomhall was there. They stared me down like zombies. Not even a word was spoken to me. The elder giving the funeral talk says only J. W. will get into the kingdom of God but for non- believers there can be hope of a resurrection..... Now I repeat my gran-mother was not a witness!

Exactly the same thing that happened to my grandfather! Not a religious bone in that old business mans body, but hey, his daughter made sure he had the whole arrangement, ressurection hope blah blah etc. I just stood up and walked out. They all looked at me like I was the devil or something.

• unique1
    unique1

WELCOME!!!

It never ceases to amaze me the crazy things JW's do. I am glad you were able to demonstrate your love for your grandma via your attendance and the flowers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit