The Merde Has Hit The Fan!!

by Bstndance 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

So I just got off the phone with my mom. Ahhhh!! After almost two years of respecting each other's differences, she decided to bring up some story about Catholic sex abuse that she read. She's really into finding fault with the catholics because she used to be one and it's really funny because she lives across from a big catholic church and her street is named after the church.

I warned her we don't want to go there and she insisted. So I stated that this abuse and coverup is found in every religion. She of course insisted not JW. I said of course it does, there are hundreds if not thousands of documented cases. She then says well they are just stories people are making up because they are disgruntled at JW. I told her well with that logic all the catholic victims are making up their stories because they are pissed off at the catholic church. She then states that the society has set guidelines as how to handle these cases.

Then she said that I'm becoming an apostate and I'm associating with apostates etc etc etc. blah blah blah....

I want to direct her to the silentlambs website but I'm sure it is way to soon and she would just delete the e-mail. EERRRRR!!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Then she said that I'm becoming an apostate and I'm associating with apostates etc etc etc. blah blah blah....

Sounds like a conversation I recently had with my mom. The JWs are always the ones who insist on starting these discussions, and they are always the first to resort to name-calling because their own positions are indefensible.

W

• carla
    carla

just stories people are making up because they are disgruntled at JW--ugh! I hear that ALL the time at my house and I'm damn fed up with it.

• daystar
    daystar

Typical cult-like party line. Scientologists use it too. Anything negative said about the sect is always a lie.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I remember when I was still a JW how I couldn't face the idea of any problems in the religion. The feeling of panic if someone criticised JWs, my face getting hot.........

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I know I keep saying this but ... thank god for my mom!!!! She has never said that it is disgruntled JWs or others trying to dis the WTBTS. Her belief is "where there is smoke there is fire".

Also, when the sexual abuse was brought up in conv. w/ an elder and he said that he would follow whatever the WTBTS said to do regardless of the consequences, her response was "well I will do what my conscious tells me to do and I can tell you right now it would tell me to beat the guy w/i an inch of his life, drag his body over to the KH for all to see w/ a sign saying what he did and then I would go to the police and say - go ahead and arrest me because all I did was defend my girls."

People see what they want to see. It is like the people who just chuckle over the whole 'you know Father Feely' he found himself another young alter boy. JWs do the same. Eventually their house of cards will come falling down around them.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

And I suppose all the court documents and transcripts that are available to the public were planted by these same disgruntled "apostates" too. Just like "apostates" put that letter up on the UN web site. And we control the media too.

Yeah, we're a busy bunch, aren't we?

W

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Thanks for the quick responses. I'll call her this weekend to see if she's gotten over it. I hate fighting over stupid stuff like this. I hope this doesn't affect her coming out here this summer when I have my surgery.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

This is just something people are making up to hurt the WTS?

I had an elder tell me the same thing on my audio recordings...

www.watchtower.cc/sickoflies.html

• Mary
    Mary
    She then states that the society has set guidelines as how to handle these cases.

Ya, we know what those guidelines are. We saw them on Dateline.

Then she said that I'm becoming an apostate and I'm associating with apostates etc etc etc

Typical cult response when they don't have a text book answer. Ask her if she thinks the Pharisees viewed Jesus as an "apostate".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit