Do you know any "cheap" people?

by ButtLight 53 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

My ex was as cheap as they could get. He took me to Mcdonalds on our first date! And when we went out with groups of people, he would never offer any money towards the bill, he would always throw it at someone else!

Or some people wash out their ziplock bags and re-use them. Wash plastic utinsils. (no offence if you do that)

I use to know a guy who would only allow his kids to use a certain amount of toilet paper. They had to count them out! Now thats cheap!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Or some people wash out their ziplock bags and re-use them. Wash plastic utinsils. (no offence if you do that)

Why wash them??? Water costs money. Just give then a good wipe with the unused side of some old toilet paper.

W

• JH
    JH

Some people are so cheap that they never take their car, and will always try to get on with someone else.....And then these people are proud to say that they keep their cars 10 years or more.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

most JWsare cheap

• DirtyFace
    DirtyFace

Yes, I know a bunch of cheap people... they leave right across the bridge from me... Some are in 90 Sands, some in 125 Columbia Heights... They're the JWs.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Most of us are cheap in one way or another, I myself warm up yesterdays left over dinner and eat it for lunch, but would never dream of shopping in a cheaper supermarket such as Netto or Aldi or Quick Save.

I also dont replace toothpaste until the very last drop is used and I turn my TV off at the wall at night to save electricity.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Just give then a good wipe with the unused side of some old toilet paper.

Oh gross!!!!!!!!! LMAO!

Yeah I guess we all have our own things. It drives me nuts when my Bf takes big wads of paper towels to dry the dishes, when there is a clean towel hanging up right behind him.

• JH
    JH

I'm cheap sometimes. I'll drive 2 miles to save 10 cents on something, and then I'll figure out that I spent 50 cents of gas going there....

• ballistic
    ballistic

I agree with Ellie, there's a difference between being a stingey penny pincher and someone with a common sense approach to not wasting money around the house.

• caligirl
    caligirl

I knew a family growing up in which the kids were not allowed to pour their own milk, not even the 16 year old. The one time we stayed at their house, I got the big scary owl eyes from the kids when I dared to grab the milk and pour my own. When they told me that we were not allowed to do that, I just looked at them and said "Your kidding, right?" They were not.

My ex father in law would leave a $4 tip for a $70 meal. Every time we went out with him for dinner, we would wait until he turned to leave the restaurant and make up the difference.

My step-sons mother rationed his milk because they were "so poor" and would yell at him if she thought it was being used too fast. Then we would find out that she had gone to Florida on vacation, or a cruise or something or other. So every time he came down, he would grab the tallest glass in the house and fill it up. We just felt so bad that she thought vacation was more important than a growing boy having his milk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit