Knock, Knock!!

by LaCatolica 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

What was your worst or scariest "Field Service" experience?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Someone tried to perform an exorcism on me, believing that I was under Satan's influence. She tried to touch my head and begin chanting and told me Jesus was standing right next to me. She wanted to "free" me from the yoke I was under. I was with my daughter at the time and we just started walking backwards, slowly until we got out the door.

Thinking back on it, I wonder if I stayed if I would have left the WT earlier? Hmmmmm?

I should have known I may have a problem when she invited me in. She had in her livingroom, thousands of crosses hanging on every space of the walls. Now, I am not against crosses but have your heard of the term, overkill?

• greendawn
    greendawn

When a psychopathic older man chased us with a big piece of wood. But we escaped him as he soon gave up the chase.

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica
    Someone tried to perform an exorcism on me, believing that I was under Satan's influence. She tried to touch my head and begin chanting and told me Jesus was standing right next to me. She wanted to "free" me from the yoke I was under. I was with my daughter at the time and we just started walking backwards, slowly until we got out the door.

OMG, how scary!!! That was probably my sister, haha..nah, just kidding!

Yeah, that's what I wonder about a lot. Going door to door for me is inconceivable. I grew up in NYC and my sibs and I couldn't even go trick-or-treating on Halloween b/c of the horror stories we were told. Now, I imagine all the crazy people JWs probably encounter out there. My Mother-in-law has told me that one time this man dumped a bucket of water on her and her sister while out on the field from a second story window. She told me it was b/c they woke the man up from his sleep by the constant knocking.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

When we were sitting in the living room of this older lady, and the coffee table started floating!! The preaching work ended right then and we were out the door!

• Mary
    Mary

Oh Lordy---I had a very similar experience. I was working out in Service with a 10-year old girl and we went to this guy's house. He looked like he was off his meds or something. He goes in the house, brings a book out on the occult and demands that I look at it. He started chanting and doin other weird shit. He looked possessed alright and we left. It was totally bizarre. I told the elders about it and they actually put him down as a "Do Not Call".

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I told the elders about it and they actually put him down as a "Do Not Call".

See, they were alot smarter than us! They know how to get ya to stop knocking!

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

*note to self* Get books on the occult and chant when JWs come to door.

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica
    *note to self* Get books on the occult and chant when JWs come to door

LMAO!!!!!!

You should just start chanting the voodoo encantation that Chucky does in the Child's Play movies for possession! Muahahahahahahah!!!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I DAed in 1998. Seven years earlier I was going door-to-door and a creepy looking woman answered the door. She was very old, bone skinny and wearing lots of necklaces and beads and other trinkets that a Native American would wear.

She opened the door and before I could start speaking she just said: "You belong to the Watchtower don't you."

I thought, "Ok", anyone could guess that. I smiled and said, "I'm one of Jehover's Witnsses."

Before I could start my usual bit about the Watchtower and Awake she said: "One day you will be free of the Watchtower Cult".

I just smiled thinking "sure thing crazy old woman".

After that she said: "Before you leave this door someone will speak your name which is not your name."

I though: "Crazy old woman, what could that mean? I don't need this BS."

Before I knew it an older brother in the car group came up the walk way a bit and let me know they were wrapping up the road and were about to leave... in doing this he referred to me in a name that I had given up years ago. You know, one of those silly childhood names that you make people stop calling you once you get older.

What really creeped me out was the fact that none of this actually happened. I just made up it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit