What was your Favourite/Worse time and day to go in the Field Service?

by JH 20 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

Did you count your time, Brookie? lol

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

LOL...Yes, I did!

Brooke** holds the one way ticket going straight to hell**

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I never liked evening witnessing - people get pissed off by JWs calling when dinner is being cooked

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Favorite: Working with friends, going to garage sales, BREAK TIME. Ohhh yeah, I would be the first to remind the group break time was at 10:30!!!! Also going on return visits with my mom. She had a lot, and they were all over the place. So it was manly riding in the car all morning, and then having her do all the work with talking at the door while I just stood there.

Worst: Having to do territory in town. I was always worried I would run into someone from school. Also working with elders or pioneers. They would try to be so "encouraging" and want to go to the door with you to counsel you, then you actually had to WORK!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

My favorite was breakfast after 2 doors

My worst was when breakfast was over. Saturday morns of course.

Dismembered

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Favorite time - when no one was home

Worst time - when people were home

• Breakfast at Cranberrys
    Breakfast at Cranberrys

Yeah, "break" after about two doors was great. I'm also with Merfi, nothing like hitting the rurals with a few friends. We spent most of the time playing cards in the car and we always quit early and rounded up ;-)

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

We always had a Friday night field service trip. That really sucked!

FF

• Gregor
    Gregor

I NEVER enjoyed field service. When very young my Grandfather would take me downtown to stand on the sidewalk with a canvas "Watchtower & Awake!" bag around my neck. I guess I sort of enjoyed that, but for other reasons than preaching the Good News.

The WORST was a toss up between the (worldly) Memorial day invasion of the cemetary to approach people visiting the graves of loved ones... "Ahem, Hello, did you know that you could see your loved ones again on a Paradise earth?" Even as an elder I avoided this unless I was really put on the spot, like a CO visit. Either that or summertime, pre-bookstudy, door to door calls.

Once a real asshole CO insisted a group of about six of us make some "blitzkreig" calls in a private, posted "No Solicitors allowed" neighborhood. As soon as the first call was made the householder got on the phone to the neighbors and a couple of guys confronted us and it got pretty ugly. I wanted to crawl under a rock and the CO made it worse by standing there arguing with them with an arrogant smirk on his face.

• lucifer
    lucifer

I HATED field service, I told an elder so and he told me that" many people don't like it Desiree that's not why we do it"...I hated being stuck with an elder and his wife and some other older sister I barely talked to as a little girl...awkward!

I liked going out with dad though because he had one call that was a "study", he was such a sweet old man and he just wanted to talk, so we just sat there and talked about normal things for an hour or so, I think that was time well spent, at the end all dad would do is put the mags on the table and quickly mention them and then we'd leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit