What was your Favourite/Worse time and day to go in the Field Service?

by JH 20 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I never went out in the Field Service on the week-ends. I did't want to meet too many people afterall !!!

So, I went out in the Field Service only during the week, and only in the morning, knowing that not many would answer, because people were either at school, or at work. All those remaining were mostly old people who didn't know me.

• ferret
    ferret

I hated bothering people at any time.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

There was no favorites at all! It sucked no matter what time it was!

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

I hated it period and was forced to do it.I think people at the door sensed it too.HeHe :)

• merfi
    merfi

Fave -- out in the rurals with a carload of 'weak' sisters and the one in our cong who had to have pee breaks at least twice. Back into town we'd go... Those mornings we'd end up with maybe a two doors.

Worst -- any day that was sunny and warm and all I could think about was wishing I was home or out driving my jeep with the top down, music up.

I've done "midweek" service just a few times. I work FT, so the opportunity wasn't there. So I had to waste my Saturdays....

~merfi

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I did not like the door to door work at all because we hardly ever found anyone home. I loved to informally witness and that is how I started many bible studies. I hardly ever used magazines though, I only used the bible and the peaceful new world tracts. Thats about it. I always felt the purpose of my ministry was to help people have a positive outlook for the future and I always felt the coming of Christ's kingdom was to benefit ALL mankind. Now I know even more that this is true. I never "preached" the come into the organization now to be saved nonsense!

• luna2
    luna2

1. Evenings

2. Weekends

3. The rest of the week. lol

Went out in the evening once. Interrupted people having dinner, interrupted people relaxing with their families, interrupted people working or doing homework. Most were very kind but I hated it!

Weekends are a big f**king waste of time. Very few were home or they were just leaving to go someplace. I also disliked descending en masse on some little bagel shop for break. We would just take over the place and there were usually too many of us to serve quickly so it took forever. I found it embarrassing and silly. Like we all need to stuff our face with bread and cream cheese at 10:30 in the morning. Sheesh.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I never even thought of this when I was a JW, to me all times were dull since it was a waste of time most people didn't care about the JWs and with good reasons as I found out later.

I was thinking then that going door to door was inefficient and needless that the JWs could get much better results by being charitable and truly kind to each other and the rest of society.

• dozy
    dozy

Worst - 4pm - 5:30pm Golden hour for getting people in , but mostly called on people just getting home from work who were tired & emotional , and mothers putting the dinner on (same). The argument from the WTS that people "are more willing to talk in the evening because they are more relaxed" has never really convinced me.

Best - weekday afternoons in the rurals when I was young & pioneering with a great bunch of guys (& gals ). Hardly got anybody in , but that wasn't really the point. Happy days............

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

The best was going out with your friends, and totally skipping the whole thing.

We would change clothes in the car, and go shopping or the beach!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit