You know anyone with the last name of Funk?

by averyniceguy 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Clam
    Clam

Hey Ta Dr Jekyll - Been on Easter Hols -

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Clam,

As a matter of fact, I did write the golfer a letter few years ago, but he did not respond to my letter.

Thanks for trying to help me though. Do you know the golfer personally?

• Clam
    Clam

averynice guy no I don't know him personally. There's a pro golfer on this board called GOLF who might chip in with some background on him though. . .

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I can help you out but I need more info, such as where your grandfather was born, or where your father was born, or the first name of your father, or the name of your grandmother (wife of grandpa), etc. PM me the details if necessary.

There was a biblical scholar named Robert Funk who died last year, but he is clearly not the same person.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

There is an Ernie & Jean Funk that now lives in Georgetown, Ontario Canada. Most of that family is from the prairies, namely Saskatchewan. He serves on the Branch Committee in Canada.

Good luck on your search.

• ferret
    ferret

I had a teacher in highschool named Funk. I do not know his first name as we just knew him as Mr Funk. ! am sure he would probably be dead by now as this was back in the fifties in Ontario Canada.

It is quite a common name here as there are 29 listed in the local telephone book. Good luck.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

When I was in high school in California my 10th grade English teacher was named Dorothy Funk. She was so old, probably late 60's in 1989! She smoked like a chimney too..she always had to leave class 2 times to smoke!

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• mckay
    mckay

averyniceguy, have you tried geneaology web sites? If Robert Funk was 22 years old in 1941 he would be close to 90 now and could very well be dead.

I went to www.familysearch.com and found at least one person who could almost qualify:

Robert Paul FUNK - Ancestral File

Gender: M Birth/Christening: 11 May 1923 Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Ca

You could try it and look for others who may be of interest.

mckay PS In fact you can click on Robert's name above and bring up more info.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Nope. Just knew a Funky..honest!

Snoozy..not from Calif. though...

• oldflame
    oldflame

Maybe he was a member of the band Grand Funk ?

Sorry I just could'nt resist that one. Hey first you should look in SSDI search it is a listing of all who have died. He may not even be alive and you may find that your wasting time so look there first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit