The main thiings that made you grasp the WTS fraud.

by greendawn 17 Replies latest social relationships

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

The main thing for me was reading the Bible. I started reading entire chapters instead of the one verse usually quoted in the literature. I did not have a computer, it was late 1980ies that I started reading a lot on my own. I had a friend from childhood who was raised in it and had been disfellowshipped, then reinstated, and we both were researching Scripture. We would talk often and compare notes.

I went through 1975 too but not having a computer, and having little older literature I fell for the line; "1975 was a rumor and the truly faithful did not leave because of a rumour". I felt so self righteous to be counted at good and faithful for trying to stay in, embarrasing as it is to confess.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The very first thing that bothered me was the doctrinal change regarding 'the 1914 generation'. Then I started to see that in spite of the change, something was clearly off-kilter due to the fact that since about mid 80's the 'annointed' were not dropping in number. How could all these old annointed ones, sealed mostly by 1935 not be dying in proportion to the rest of the population of that age.

All that lead me to the internet to research 607 - which lead to Franz's books - which cleared it all up. And out we came.

Jeff

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Lots of little things added up over the years. 2 things really hit home-

When an Bethelite who was committing adultry was appointed an elder (several months after his appointment his affair ame out)

That they lied - the first evidence of direct lieing was research I did about earthquakes when looking into the Tsunami in 2004.

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

My realizations about the lying came after my decision to leave. I left due to the emotional death that it inflicted on me, without fully grasping intellectually what exactly had happened until after I sat and talked it out with others that had been through it. I just knew that I had to get out because it was literally killing me. The full impact and scope of it came later.

But the one thing that I always had the most trouble with, when it came to disconnecting the logic centers of my brain in order to swallow the bs arguments, was the contention that the Bible was the inspired word of God because 2 Timothy 3:16, a scripture in the Bible, said so.

CD

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Kind of like Cog_Dis...when I left I had no idea they ever purposely lied about anything. I left to save my soul from a fate worse than death...it was instinctive mostly, although there were also a lot of beliefs I questioned and could never get satisfactory answers to.

But, I thought as I quiety parted company, they mean well, they're good people, live and let live. Then, some years later, the Panorama program "Suffer the Little Children" hit me right between the eyes. I got on the internet to look for SilentLambs, then hit on a Rick Ross cult-awareness site, then Freeminds, then here. Awareness of their many tremendous wrongs just built and built, and then Crisis of Conscience sealed the deal.

Even though I had been out for several years with no intention of ever going back, finding out the truth about the Truth still rocked my world.

~Merry

• zagor
    zagor

That's a good question, when I look back I'd say there were many thing that piled onto each other but one definite moment when I started questioning everything was after visiting AJWRB site and read analysis on WTBS new blood policy that didn't allow transfusion of the whole blood but did of its fraction. Question that stuck in my mind for long time and was basically determining factor of me starting to ponder even deeper was when the article asked something like (forgot exact wording) "while stealing a car is a crime would it be any less of a crime if one took that car apart and sold only components of it?"
    that was definitely THE moment for me, moment I laterally started again using my own mind instead of letting some creep 8000 miles away in nice warm room (while scratching his balls and thinking what else to put on me to follow) in Brooklyn using it for me.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Another tell tale sign is their aversion to using the name of Christ this is a jehovah centred organisation and not a Christ centred church, a very dodgy kind of situation, they are more oriented to judaism rather than christianity. And their non participation in the new covenent round of a very few "anointed" leaves them without any status where do they really belong. The christ is though the direct head of the church. But the JWs don't like using the words Christ and church so much.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Without a shadow of a doubt it was the generation change in 1995.If it wasnt for that,i would probably still be in it.

Utter madness!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit