A Poll for all to participate in:

by Honesty 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

How many JW's visit this site and remain 'in good standing' in the 'Christian (their word not mine) Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses after six months of perusing various topics?

I didn't, how about you?

• jgnat
    jgnat

HA! I never joined.

How long did it take me to realize after joining JWD that my JW hubby was buried in mire up to his earlobes? Probably three months.

• stillajwexelder
  • Mary
    Mary

I lasted just over 2 years after coming on the board.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I lurked on this board for months before joining six months ago. I still don't have firm plans to leave.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I've been on this forum for over a year. I've learned some new things on top of what I already knew to be problems/issues. But I'm not planning on DAing or DFing myself anytime soon: solely for family. Fading is my preferred choice for the time being.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

me.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I know the things hidden in the JW closet, my family has a JW library that goes to Taze's day, so this stuff about pryamids and divine plan of ages and mircle wheat, yada, yada yada was not a surprise to me. What was a surprise to me was that people did not know this already and that posts here show that most JWs did not know their religion's history.

As for coming here, I came here much later in the game. Long after I had faded. I came here because a friend who had long ago faded said that a lot of posters were pretty funny and said things that only JWs (or should I say ex-JWs) would understand. Kind of like insides jokes. Most of this crowd is pretty funny.

Kudos to all for visiting and staying regardless of their religion. It is the open minded one that makes the world a better place.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I left almost 9 years ago.So I didn't have any site to turn too.I had to find my way on my own.I also didn't know anyone who had DA ed them self so I was truly on my own.

In hindsight I would have loved to have people how I could speak to.People who had been in my shoes.I would have asked them if Da ing was the way to go.I'm still not completely sure it was the way to go.I wish I could have just faded.But that brings it's own set of problems for me.So who knows.I just would have liked another person to talk to about it.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

I decided to leave before I came here. I wouldn't have even posted or read anything if I wanted to be an active JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit