Letter to my Mom.

by jeeprube 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    Once someone has changed your messy diaper you can never be their teacher. At least that's been my personal experience.

Hey Gary,

I wonder if Mary ever used this line on Jesus .

I wonder if jesus ever had a messy diaper ?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Cow man You wrote: I wonder if jesus ever had a messy diaper ?Obviously you haven't done your homework. :-) Read the lost books.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    Obviously you haven't done your homework. :-) Read the lost books.

Busted !!

Now I'm really going to show you I'm a greenhorn.

What lost books ? I lost a paradise lost book once, just kiddin.

Macabbees books???

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Great letter. The society even contradicts itself in that outline because I'm sure there are specific Watchtower quotes to be found where the 'faithful and discreet slave' demands full submission and obedience. Perhaps they need to bring out a new talk entitled 'Who is in Control - Christ or the Society?' because it seems there is a conflict.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Bull boy, you wrote: What lost books ?

Sigh! The lost books of the Bible. They settle the diaper issue and just might raise others. :-)

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Beaut letter!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Great letter! Your love is evident throughout. It is a shame that she is having someone else write you back.

One tidbit to keep in mind for the followup that is sure to come is: credible historians place the destruction of Jerusalem at 586/87 BC, not 536 BC. I only mention it because jumping on a small oversight like that is a favorite past time of Judicial Committees.

Of course, any "small oversight" on the part of the Govening Body—like the deaths and torture of thousands in Malawi for adhering to standards on neutrality while thousands of others are spared only imprisonment at worst in Mexico—is easily forgiven...but you know that already.

Good luck! It is obvious you want to keep the lines of communication open with you parents. I hope you are successful.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Excellent letter and worthy of the Best Of section. I can;t wait to hear what your dad says in response! Please post when he does!

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Gary,

I haven't read any of those books, but am now thinking about it.

Kind of a misnomer to call them lost books though.

The "lost books" were never lost. They were known by the Jews in Old Testament times and the Christians of the New Testament times and were never considered scripture. They weren't lost nor were they removed. They were never in the Bible in the first place.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Moo Man, I read the compilation called the lost books years ago. I did enjoy them. The current book called The Bible is nothing but assorted chapters, edited and compiled into assorted cannons and assigned divine origin by legislation. See Encyclopedia Britannica article titled, "The Bible".

It's an interesting topic and your idea of the philosopher Jesus making a diaper is well discussed in the texts. The stories indicated people were healed just by touching Jesus' dirty diapers. It's all worth the read. I highly recommend the Encyclopedia Britannica article to anybody wanting a serious history of the evolution of the sacred texts and how they became sacred.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit