Do you think JWs are really taught "unconditional love" like Jesus did?

by White Waves 15 Replies latest jw friends

• White Waves
  • blondie
    blondie

NO!

They have to earn it, deserve it.

And do all this through the WTS. Christ cannot love anybody unless he does it through the WTS.

Blondie

• crazies
    crazies

Not one bit! I think it is completely conditional, and it is based on conditions that I'm sure make absolutely disgust Jesus. Truthfully I don't think JW's know how to truly love another person.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Not even close. The only love they show, and it is still very pitiful attempt at it, is totally conditional! Your many years of service mean absolutely nothing if you are in a time of need or have to slow down in your works. The WT should coin the term "what have you done for me lately?", because this is exactly how they treat people.

• White Waves
    White Waves

This is my belief too. I keep arguing this with family and 2 ex-jws. I never received unconditional love growing up - I was told it was what I was receiving but it wasn't. It's actually CONDITIONAL. I finally realized (experienced) the difference. Conditional is control. Conditional is no trust. Biggest thing that pulled me out is the realization only non JWs have given me UNconditional love.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Their whole outlook is based on a conditional way of life if you do not preach for example the JW mythology you will be counted as unworthy of love and acceptance, though you may be a very nice and moral person, better than the average JW.

• Broken Hearted
    Broken Hearted

No, I found this on a website one time. I have in on a prolfie of mine on myspace.com.

Love or Lust

What Love is

• Love is loyal.
    • Love is wanting the best for the other person.
    • Love is compromising and working things out in a way that you both can win.
    • Love is finding common ground.
    • Love is trying to come together in a way that makes the world a better place.
    • Love is selfless.
    • Love is caring about the other person's emotional needs and feelings.
    • What Lust is

• Lust is self-gratification.
      • Lust can be obsessive.
      • Lust is usually tied to sexual gratification.
      • Lust is selfish.
      • Lust doesn't consider the other persons wants and needs.
      • Lust doesn't care about how the other person's day went.
      • When someone's in lust they aren't interested in meeting family or friends.
      • Lust is wanting something to the point that you don't care who gets hurt.
      • Lust manipulates, destroys and controls.
      • Lust often involves raging.
      • People who lusts may think they are in love, but the fire burns out quickly when they get the person or thing they lust for.
      • Lust doesn't last, but love can.
  • Purza
    Purza

No freaking way. They have no idea what "unconditional" means. Everything in JW land is based upon performance. The better you do, the more love you get. Step out of line and the love becomes "conditional".

Purza

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

If Jesus' love is truly unconditional, what need is there to be a Christian? as unconditional love would benefit all...unconditionally.

Personally, I don't think Christianity has a clue what unconditional love means; and for them to judge the Witnesses is hypocritical.

j

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

*Love

*Conditions may apply.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit