Dancing stories

by greendawn 26 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
  • one
    one

Here is just one of a few personal stories,

At one time got carried away by a fast dancing girl... we both fell on the floor, i was the first to laugh

• LDH
    LDH

When I was a JW teen, the elders were always quick to stop my 'dancing' at JW occassions. Apparently the only appropriate music to dance to was Country Western.

I am a natural dancer, and when I left the JWs I would go out night clubbing once in a while...ok every week... and the men would line up around the dance floor.....ah the good old days.

I'm planning to take up tap dancing this spring, I've always wanted to do it.

Lisa

8-count Class

• moshe
    moshe

I developed my own style of Disco- I could make any girl look like a hottie. - except the size 20+ girls.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Up until 10 years ago we used to go to a lot of JW dance evenings, but they seem to have completely died out in the past few years.

Why?

Everyone really enjoyed them and nothing 'bad' happened at any of them.

Our son (who had had some ballroom lessons) used to get a little embarrassed when doing the waltz with our elderly neighbour who insisted on the correct hold.

"Get your shoulders back. Stick your chest out!!. You can't dance way out there boy!!!" Whooomph. When she had your right side firmly planted in her ample bosom she could dance like an angel.

She has passed on. I would say 'God bless her', but (so I found out later) she was shunning one of her daughters.

Chris

• chipa
    chipa

being Latino, I love to dance. Always had the moves , just didnt know the steps, so a couple of years ago, a friend of mine from work and I said that we should try Salsa and we did.. We are pretty good now.

I am now currently involved in a performance group with my class. Although I have been a bit lazy lately, I am still in and we are working on routines to perform places...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Many of my old Rock & Roll buddies will be here this coming weekend, but I doubt that I can get my JW wife interested.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit