Looking for pic. C.T. Russell in a Santa Clause Hat

by inbyathread 8 Replies latest jw friends

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

I've seen one somewhere but haven't a clue to where. If anyone can direct me to a link, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks. IBAT

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

could not find that one. But here is a link that shows Xmas was celebrated at Bethel along with the early WT presidents and a copy of a bethel xmas card. Lilly http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/bethelxmas.html

• Breakfast at Cranberrys
    Breakfast at Cranberrys

If you look at the above page, there's a pretty damn funny illustration of Charley in a Santa Suit. Not a picture, but worth a chuckle.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I just caught on that this must be what IBAT is searching for. Like you said, it is not really a pic. of Russell but an illustration. It is funny though!

• White Waves
    White Waves

Loved the link! My Auntie found an old family film reel and turned into a DVD. It's all holiday gatherings of my Dad's earlier days. Got to see Elder father dancing around in a Santa suit and smoking cigarettes. I heard Dad was soooo pissed when Auntie surprised my JW family by popping it in the DVD Player and he saw himself... Wish I had been there for that one. Least I was in on the set up :)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hmmm...I wonder if these pix were taken before or after Jesus came down invisibly and handpicked the WTS as "THE ONLY RELIGION" that he approved on the earth?

Why would they demand that their followers NOT celebrate Holidays, if Jesus said it was okay?

Got to see Elder father dancing around in a Santa suit and smoking cigarettes.

I remember one elder that when he was up on the stage---you could clearly see his "Lucky Strike" pack through the pocket of his white shirt! Obviously we could see it at get-togethers, etc, when he wasn't wearing a suit jacket, LOL! Many JWs were still (gasp) smoking back in the late 60's and early 70's when I was first going to the KH.

hugs,

Annie

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Thanks to all.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Love the Flip-Flop at the bottom of the page...

It`s almost amazing...the WT seemed less drastic, and more logic about their beleives back then...

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I think for the upcoming 2006 x-mas, i will send those out as my x-mas cards. Imagine the faces of all who receive them. You know they will think the apostates have taken over the US mail then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit