Anyone Close to North Florida?

by Synergy 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Synergy
    Synergy

I live in Tallahassee and I'd love to meet other EXJW's that I knew before or that are from around here that I've never met. Please get in touch with me if you are close by. Also anyone that wants to do demonstrations let me know. Kingdom Halls, Assemblies, Conventions etc. I'll wear the placard boards.

Renee

• liberatedwoman
    liberatedwoman

I am in the Gainesville area - was in the Cross City congregation for a number of years out in good ol' Dixie County! Would love to get an Apostafest together, what do you think??

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Hi Renee,

Yes, I have JW-connections in Tallahassee...but it goes back a ways though. (I don't know how far back you go. I left many years ago.)

I remember a few of the JW Brethren there in North Florida, from years gone by. I guess, some of them are still alive. But the town has changed a lot since I was last there. I'm talking about JW-people from the 60s, 70s, 80s. Back then, they only had a few congregations in Tallahassee, as I recall.

Were you around during those years?

Anyway, isn't the internet amazing...that so many people from all over could be connected this way!

• Synergy
    Synergy

Liberated Woman,

I Did you know Leo Peak? Mary DiAmoto? Julie Smith? Did you know anyone in Chiefland? The Aponte's, Ransford's, McIntyre's? There are tons of crazies in those little town congs. I grew up in Perry.

I wasnt't around Tally until early 90's. I know some old timers though.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Jax

• daxyn
    daxyn

northwest florida here - pensacola

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Brunswick, Georgia here! :-)

Born and raised in North Alabama, over here in Brunswick for a construction project. Looks like we're about 3 hours away from Tallahassee, but would love to meet up some weekend.

Brandon

• Synergy
    Synergy

Well if anyone ever wants to do a North Florida, South Georgia, Eastern Alabama, Apostafest LET ME KNOW!!!!

• jenngroove
    jenngroove

I've lived in Tallahassee my entire life and know JW's from all around. I've been out for 2 short years, but the best years of my life. I'm in! and I'm really interested in meeting others from around here - I've been looking and haven't found anyone online (with the exception of my very best friend, Renee).

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hello Synergy and Jenngroove,

Welcome to you both!

I've lived in Tallahassee since 1989 and it's great to learn that there are other ex-Jehovah's Witnesses here. Someone tried to set up an ex-Jehovah's Witness Meetup group in Tally, but it never panned out because there were only a couple of interested people. There's a Kingdom Hall not far from me on Bainbridge Rd. Maybe we could do some placard work nearby some weekend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit