DO SOMETHING

by ArtfulDodger 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Artful Dodger, there's lots of action outside the board. What you see here is merely the tip of the iceburg. I still have trouble advertising all I DO, kind of a right-hand-not-knowing sort of thing.

Dimitri:

But I kinda agree with the question: isn't there better way to bring about change in the WTS?

Let's see.

• You can try speaking directly to your elders about your concerns and see how far that takes you.
    • We could try a letter-writing campaign to the WTBTS, but they have shown themselves to be immune to helpful advice.
    • www.ajwrb.org has been working on reforming the blood doctrine from within for years.
    • We have some elders who lurk on this board who hope to reform from within. Most only last a few years until the double-life eats at them.
    • A dramatic exit can claim a few members from a local Kingdom Hall. Little Toe did so admirably. Anyone who tries such a direct approach ends up being targetted by the society.
    • There's also picketing and deterrent advertising. Danny Haszard is our local representative for that.
    • There's reasoned debate. My favorites are hillary step, AlanF, and Farkel. Rather one-sided at the moment, as we keep running out of opponents.
    • There's lawsuits. There's a few quiet members helping with that.
    • There's www.silentlambs.org
    • There's www.freeminds.org
    • There's publishing books. Ray Franz of course, and Steve Hassan's "Combatting Cult Mind Control", amongst others. We have quite a few authors on this board.
    • There's publishing WT content, unabridged for the www to see. There's www.reexamine.org and other sites actively making such materials available.
    • There's making the media outlets aware of problems in the society. There's people doing that.
    • There's support groups helping exiting JW's and spouses of JW's.

Just because you don't SEE all this activity openly on the board doesn't mean it's not happening.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh yea. Me. I prefer to help one person at a time. Not as dramatic, but very satisfying for me.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Last time I checked, I work three jobs, volunteer, go to school full-time and when I get time I come here... so I think I do stuff.... and if you don't like that, then you go and do something for me.... thanks!

• gumby
    gumby

I think that if everyone who watches TV at least 2 hours a day, and if everyone who posts on various forums on the internet, and if everyone who has a hobby....would find a charitable organisation to put all this wasted time into...we could have the new system right now!

A classic example of a dipshit.

Gumby

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

*bows to Almighty gumgawd*

think that if everyone who watches TV at least 2 hours a day, and if everyone who posts on various forums on the internet, and if everyone who has a hobby....would find a charitable organisation to put all this wasted time into...we could have the new system right now!

Amen brother!

• gumby
    gumby

Yes Kate...I see this guy ticked you off too....lol

In reality, if the Watchtower organisation sold all it's ownings, they could feed many of the hungry on the planet. If all the churches did the same, the needy in this country and perhaps in all the world would lack nothing.

Statements like this joker made are not even close to reality and he hasn't a clue of all the efforts of us "time wasting" apostates. What do you want to bet he does no charitable/volunteer work himself ?

They come hear and piss people off then leave. They are a dime a dozen.

Gumby

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I'm off work today. So, I'm going to do something. I'm going to read JWD and play word games on the internet. Being here is a great de-stressor for me. At work, if I'm not caring for people who don't know which end to put down first, I'm cleaning up what they did put out, giving them medicine, comforting them when there family doesn't, and so much more! This site helps me to help myself. I love it!

Now, you should go find something that you like to do! Don't ya think?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This is my "Charity"

It may not be registered as one , but the last one that I worked for was called the "xxxxxxxx Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses" , complete with charity number and a "Deed of Covenant Scheme" that I administered on their behalf.

They got a tax break on the money donated. Why? because they disseminated so called Bible Knowledge, which in fact was baloney of their own making, spun around the scriptures.

I am not impressed by the name Charity. This site helps liberate people. Every post here contributes to a cult busting movement that is there in everybody's home , if they only Google the name

I am proud to post here.. It does more good than my 40 years of "Charity Work " ever did anybody.

• kid-A
    kid-A

"Hundreds of REAL charities could do with your support - to help the really needy . .or you could band together and set up your own Charity to raise money for a cause of your choice. Seems you lot waste all your time and energy moaning about the JW-Org ... what a waste."

This is just silly. First of all, where do you get off assuming that people here are not actively involved in community charities or volunteer work? What do you base this assumption on?

Second, we ARE doing something simply by posting here. Many people use this board as a support group when they are leaving the borg and the information found here is absolutely essential for these people. This is an online support community and people DO get help here, regardless of your narrow minded perceptions. Next time, get your facts straight before getting up on your soapbox.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit