DO SOMETHING

by ArtfulDodger 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ArtfulDodger
    ArtfulDodger

I see this site gets thousands of postings every day .. from literally thousands of members, mostly ex-dubs, from all over the world.

Rather than simply go on moaning and whinging about the big nasty Org why don't you all put your efforts into something POSITIVE ... DO SOMETHING.

OK - the Org is evil .. but it exists ... and simply whining on about it doesn't change that. With your efforts directed at something positive, you could do wonders for . . well . .for anything you choose.

Hundreds of REAL charities could do with your support - to help the really needy . .or you could band together and set up your own Charity to raise money for a cause of your choice. Seems you lot waste all your time and energy moaning about the JW-Org ... what a waste.

DO SOMETHING.

• carla
    carla

Many people here do 'something'. They make others aware of a dangerous cults in our communities. I myself deliver anti witness material often. I speak to others who are shocked by the wt. The pedophile problem, the children sacrificed upon the altar of the wt, the cover ups, the unbiblical doctrines, the control, etc.. We may not be able to get our loved ones out but we sure as hell can stop other families from enduring the pain the wt causes. That is a good cause.

• lola28
    lola28

Note to self:

**do something, awww but that takes like work and effort and stuff***

lola

• Gill
    Gill

How do you know that we don't do SOMETHING?!

It just so happens that we do this ASWELL!

If you don't like that we're all multi talented at multi tasking and won't let the bOrg get away with ANYTHING any more well you can go do 'something' yourself!!!

Gill

• misguided
    misguided

Here's someone trying to DO something...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/111763/1.ashx

put your money where your mouth is, buddy!

• ArtfulDodger
    ArtfulDodger

lol Carla ... sounds just like whinging to me :-)

• Synergy
    Synergy

The people that post on this site have a ministry to help people get out of a destructive cult they've been in so long. All the venting and anger releases about the ORG are not just complaining but it's testimony to all "lurkers" that they're not alone in what they feel. Had I not stumbled onto the 'complaining" on this site, I wouldn't have felt validated in my actions to leave. This site helped me to understand I was not alone and others have been abused, mistreated, endured criminal acts and have left and not become demonized creatures doomed for Armageddon. I post for that reason. This site isn't bitching exJW's that have nothing better to do. They need to be here doing exactly what they're doing as it serves a great cause. By the way just so no one worries, I am in Habitat for Humanity, Chamber Ambassador, GTAF, T25, Kids Incorporated, Relay for Life, YMCA, and any other walk/run/drive event I can make it to.

• KW13
    KW13

We do DO something!

Other than being regular people behind the computer screen, there is a large group of people here with really interesting things to say. We all achieve things without actually being together.

For example the site (made up of the people) help with research, answering questions, posting cool findings e.t.c

Severus started something recently with the Memorial cheques. A great campaign.

Dannyhazzard is always up to something and is active in showing the society up for what they really are.

Sickoflies is currently going through JC meetings e.t.c and shares all that happens here so that people can see what is actually going on behind closed doors and just how unchristian the witnesses are.

RichieRich, a great lad. A good example for people to follow. His story alone might be enough to make someone 'think'.

Personally, i think this site isn't about moaning. NO. its about community and being honest and frank. No one here will hide from saying what they want to say. They've spent (and me) too long in an organization that seeks to silence everyone and anyone.

Obviously your allowed your opinions.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

First of all, many of us do help out charities and even support other churches. So please do not assume this is all we do all day is write on this forum.

Secondly, many have tried to change things within the Organization but it is virtually impossible since they are a huge, multi-billion dollar cult with their own legal department. But although we cannot take them totally down yet, we can help by having this forum, so that others are not duped by them and come under their control. It is found that the best thing to do is keep others from becoming part of this same cult.

And thirdly, this forum helps in the healing process. People need to be here to vent because their whole lives and families have been torn apart by this cult. For some, this is the best therapy they can afford. And many have made new, true friends, so they get the benefit from more support.

And lastly, why would you even say anthing like that and judge all of us when you do not know our circumstances?

• zeroday
    zeroday

Seems you lot waste all your time and energy moaning about the JW-Org ... what a waste.

Describe "ALL". Like many discussion boards on the internet this is for like minded individuals to come and discuss their common interests. This board does that. It is a community, a neighborhood like being in your front yard and talking to your neighbor accross the fence etc. I don't believe it is a waste at all. Some come to rant and rave some to heal others just to talk and share experiences of how their lives have changed after leaving the JW org. What's wrong with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit