anyone here know their IQ

by orbison11 42 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

greetings all

just wondering if any here know their IQ?

my son, just recently coming back into my life, told me he had his done,,,,and i was wondering,,any here know of theirs, and how it might have affected their lives, their outlook, etc

thanks,,orbi

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Took a test a few years back, it was 129. At the time my mates conspired to tell me that the average IQ was 140 and that i must either have messed up or that I was retarded and I fell for it for about a day. Which just goes to show that I can't be that clever.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Dr Jekyll - ''Average'' range is supposed to be 90 -110. But getting a good result just means you're good at taking IQ tests.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

I know that now lol but for about a day I felt like i was an idiot.

As you said a good result just shows you know how to do answer those sort of questions

• south african beef
    south african beef

I think mine is 119 which I thought was quite good but is apparently just above average.

I wonder what the IQ of an average dub is?

I wonder if their IQ goes down after many years of being told what to think?

I think mine did - I'm sure that I would have been accepted into Mensa if it wasn't for being a Witto for so long!!!!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

It's a lot higher since I escaped from the WATCHTOWER

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, I know my IQ; found out when I was 32 years old...didn't make me feel any smarter.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Same exact response as Blondie. I found out what my IQ was last year (32) and it didn't make me feel any smarter.

I'd rather have wisdom than IQ any day. I know a brilliant person who can barely tie his shoe. He blows away an IQ test, though. I know another who scored so high he was granted a full scholarship to a major New York technical school. He is now a rocket scientist (literally), but his personality sucks (in my opinion).

My IQ registered above average, but I don't really see how it has translated into marked PROSPERITY, HAPPINESS, or SANITY for me, so what good is it? The biggest impact I have seen from it is that bad things (and good) seem to affect me more deeply than other people because I often see more deeply into the effects, connect more of the unspoken dots. So I tend to appear to have large hills and deep valleys of emotion (appears mildly manic-depressive) but it is caused by heightened perceptions, not by chemical imbalances.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• alamb
    alamb

I found out mine when they tested me at age 5. It was 138. Because of that the schools pressured me to do more, which wasn't good as a loyal JW. I excelled academically and had to hide it from my friends/family. I had a counsellor who called me to his office before graduation and handed me all the awards I had received but not been able to pick up. He gave me a speech I will never forget. But the repression from the JW teachings eventually contributed to my being stunted emotionally....handicapped me to an extent.

I now have symptoms of the "heightened perception" Auldsoul spoke of I think. Life is so beautiful and so painful. A big, open heart and an eagerness to live and learn will take you farther than a high IQ score.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I took a few of them....it was 140.

I don't think it means anything, just maybe I am not as doltish as people would expect from me. I always thought I was stupid, but the test told me different. Even after I took the test, I told my Mother she said it was probably a glitch in the test. Now I know why I think I am stupid. Still do sometimes....lol.

All the fluff threads make me feel intelligent!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit