Glad to know I am not the only one

by Wendy_Warden 28 Replies latest social relationships

• Broken Hearted
    Broken Hearted
    you are compelled to try and convert the men you are in love with

Never said i was compelled to convert, I fell in love with the man that is a JW, I don't see a reason for either of us to convert unless we are convicted to do so. I do a lot of research on many things. I don't do things just because someone wants me to for the most part.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Wendy (and all),
    If you can get your boy friend to peek at only one web site it is the former Quotes site. That's the one that was legally shut down by the Watchtower recently for alleged copyright violation. It contained virtually nothing (there is no critical editorial) but their own quotes and therein lies its power. They've incriminated themselves on a huge variety of topics -- by their very own words.
    I said shut down, yes, but it has resurfaced in several other places, probably overseas.
    Check it out. Copy the following line to your browser's "Go" field.
    http://www.reexamine.org/quotes/
    Fats

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Welcome to the board!

Lady Liberty

• Wendy_Warden
    Wendy_Warden

When I say I have no choice I mean that I would never feel at peace if I didn't try. If I dumped the whole thing then I would have the assurance that...what? I saved myself when there was no danger of me coverting in the first place? Not having a broken heart? I am afraid that will happen if I walked away to him and me.

I think your right in the approuch that should be used. I know I have to be careful. I never let myself fall in love with anyone beofre because I didn't want a raft of failed romances behind me. That said I went ahead and fell in love with JW. But like I said I would never have bothered if I didn't have a hope of it working out. By the way....how did your family take it when you married your husband? Mine would be livid if I did that. THen they would be sorry and then they would be okay but that could take years....

So what did you do?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Broken Hearted, it seems to me that you are compelled by your faith to be loyal to this JW man. A man, by the way, recently separated and who has already warned you he would choose his religion over you. I don't think anyone is coercing you in to this course of action but yourself.

Wendy_Warden, hi. Thank you for helping me understand your situation. I fully understand the bonds of love, because I did the very same thing you are contemplating. Six years ago, I was fully convinced that the TRUTH would win over the lies in short order. I knew my faith, I knew how to witness effectively. I no longer have that same confidence. Self-deception is a powerful thing.

By the way....how did your family take it when you married your husband?

Not a problem. He was quickly accepted. I'm old enough to live by my own foolish choices.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Wendy welcome to JWD!

But like I said I would never have bothered if I didn't have a hope of it working out. By the way....how did your family take it when you married your husband? Mine would be livid if I did that. THen they would be sorry and then they would be okay but that could take years....

Hope is not concrete. Marriage is a partnership and it's truly a business partnership just try to get a divorce and you'll see how true that statement is.

Be practical in entering any partnership! Marriage is a union protecting the stability of the children which come into the union plain and simple. Here are just a few examples of things you may wish to consider before you proceed with the HOPE of a union which you have even stated doesn't have the blessings of your parents from the get-go as well as the fact that you have totally different religious beliefs:

Eight Major Causes for Marital Conflicts
    ? Personality Differences
    ? Waning of Emotional Love
    ? Financial Pressure
    ? In-Law problems
    ? Difference of Parenting Styles
    ? Ever-Present of tension of Sexual Adjustments
    ? Communicational Breakdowns
    ? Spiritual Coldness

A good marriage for the benefit of the children is more successful if you meet MOST if not ALL of the above criteria. My suggestion to you is if you must pursue this man please tie your tubes before marriage and then at least the battle is between you and him without bringing in innocent children to suffer the consequences of your choice.

Marriage is a big step and takes a lot of consideration. Dating is to find out if the person and you have what it takes to make this step. There is no shame in finding out you don't have the same ideals, no one is to blame, it's not about blame or shame. It is about finding out how good of a match you are to succeed in this life long partnership. Remember you have no power to change another person or their beliefs, nor would they welcome this nor would you.

I hope I've given you something to think about and I wish you luck.

• Wendy_Warden
  • Wendy_Warden
    Wendy_Warden

Thanks for your help!

• Poodles
    Poodles

Welcome Wendy_Warden

Please listen to Finally Free!! I haven't and i am still unhappy!!

Paula

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit