If All Who Wanted To Leave, Left...

by Lady Liberty 13 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Around 1925, 75% of the Bible Students (WTS) left and the WTS/JWs are still here. They just branded the departees as the evil slave and recruited new people, playing down the folly of the 1925 prophecy and revamping their doctrines.

Blondie

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I know quite a few who pay lip service to the religion, doing as little as they can get away with. They stay because of having family in. I would imagine if the fear of shunning was removed, 10 - 15% would leave immediately.

• apfergus
    apfergus

Just like a lot of folks already said: the shunning process is just a tool to stop people from leaving. It's all about control; shunning is in place because without it the JWs numbers would most certainly be fewer. It's hard to say by how much, though.

• lowden
    lowden

I agree with fullofdoubtnow. But i think that up to 25% would leave, particularly young ones and teens. Loads i know were having sex and leading real bad double lives, that are still there after years of covering up. There's also those that just use the KH as a social gathering, never read the bible, never study, but are trapped by family or circumstance or plain weakness.

Peace

Lowden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit