ELDERS AND PARANOIA

by Es 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

hehe i hope thats how its spelt.

If you had family members that were elders did you ever notice the paranoia they had???? Or maybe its my dad in particular?????

They things he accused me off was unbelievable, we were never allowed to do anything to ruin his standing as an elder. I remember once i stayed at a sisters house, she only had one bed so we slept top to tail, well whm my dad found out he accused me of being a lesbian...... , in year 12 i was suffering from polycistic ovaries the docs had not diagnosed me with this as yet but i was having problems with my periods and lack there of well then i got accused of being pregnant!!!!!

One day i was in the city with my first fiance, we werent alone we were in the crowded streets of the city, when my dad found out he drove straight to the city and said he was organising a judicial commitee because of this!!!!!!

There are many more stories my mob constantly rang when i was not at home, he was constantly checking up on me

arrgggggg

es

• Funchback
    Funchback

I didn't know of any elders that were THAT paranoid, but, I would guess that it happens more often than I suspect.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Paranoia or obsession?

My JW dad accused me of being a lesbian because I hugged my mother daily. He wasn't an elder though. My mom used to watch the trashcan for evidence tampons/wrappers, etc - just to see if I was pregnant. My aunt did the same thing with her daughter.

What is it that turns people into fruitcakes about sexual matters? Do they have trouble controlling themselves or are they obsessed?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yeah, I was subject to all sorts of accusations all the time.

In my moms mind I was a thieving, crack smoking pimp who was a compulsive lier. She was constantly searching my room for contraband... getting into my personal belongings, letters and written thoughts. In reality I was one of the few JW kids who was actually behaving!

As a result of this treatment I am absolutely paranoid about putting my inner-most thoughts in writing anywhere. I will *never* keep a journal or diary... never.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

same her... and my dad wasn't even an elder while i lived at home...

funny thing is I was never accused of masterbation. LOL

• carla
    carla

Good grief! I don't know why I still get suprised anymore. Didn't you ever think of planting something in your favor, or something completely outrageous?

• Es
    Es

that is really sad serendipity and elsewhere .

It makes me angry to think i was so scared to think for myself, i remember i wanted to buy a cd once and i hesitated for so long coz it had a pic of the singer on it and i was scared my dad would accuse me of idolatry.

I was acutally diagnosed with general anxiety disorder last year, and i reckon alot of that is due to my dad.

es

• damselfly
    damselfly

My parents were like that (no elder's or MS in my family). My dad didn't like for me to sleep over at friend's houses unless it was a group thing. My mom got her friends to follow me to check up on my stories about where I said I was. Phone calls got listened in on. I had one friend who's mom put a baby moniter in her room so she could moniter our conversations. How creepy was that?

As a result of this treatment I am absolutely paranoid about putting my inner-most thoughts in writing anywhere. I will *never* keep a journal or diary... never.

This got me as well. I will never keep a diary or journal either. Nothing was private in my house. Nothing.

Dams

• damselfly
    damselfly

.........and my room got searched very, very often. All the drawers would be emptied and flipped over to make sure nothing was taped to the bottom. Closet gone through, shoeboxes etc. They would even check under my mattress. I lost all kinds of music, books, magazines, private papers etc.. Clothes would disappear. I used to get so mad because I would ask about where my stuff was going and they would deny it all.

I quickly learned to shut my mouth and never bring anythhing into the house I ever wanted to see again.

Dams

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    music, books, magazines

especially music... even came home on 2 different occasions to find my skateboard sawn into 3-4 peices

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit