New Bible Teach Book Question

by XBEHERE 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GBSJG
    GBSJG

At last nights bookstudy I also had troubles with the illustration of the father and son. Because in the case of God he has the power to stop the wrongdoing. If in the illustration the father had the power to stop the wrongdoing of his son he would sure have used it. So the illustration is no good.

I also found this part interresting: "God has good reasons for allowing mankind to follow a bad course. As our wise and powerful Creator, he does not have to explain his reasons to us. Out of love, however, God does this." So we should be grateful that he explains to us why there is so much suffering... As someone else mentioned it all comes down to God saying obey me or die, and we should be glad that we can obey him, argh.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

"7 Worse yet, religious teachers sometimes lead people to think that God is hardhearted. How so? When tragedy strikes, they say that it is God’s will."

Isn't the slaughter by God of 99% of humankind at Armageddon a tragedy that JW's say is 'God's will'?

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

Hello Atlantis,

Thanks for posting the scan! Can you post more of the book
    as I need to get a copy so I can continue my discussion with a friend who is
    still part of the organization?

Thanks,

truth.ceeker

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    there is a big difference between allowing something to happen and causing it.

That's why we must read such a difference everywhere into the Bible. Every time God is depicted as causing something questionable, let's say he just allowed it to happen.

(Sums up most apologists' "exegesis" of embarrassing texts.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit