New Bible Teach Book Question

by XBEHERE 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

*** bh chap. 1 p. 10 par. 7 What Is the Truth About God? ***

Worse yet, religious teachers sometimes lead people to think that God is hardhearted. How so? When tragedy strikes, they say that it is God’s will. In effect, such teachers blame God for the bad things that happen. Is that the truth about God? What does the Bible really teach? James 1:13 answers: "When under trial, let no one say: ‘I am being tried by God.’ For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone." So God is never the source of the wickedness you see in the world around you. (Job 34:10-12) Granted, he does allow bad things to happen. But there is a big difference between allowing something to happen and causing it.

Do you agree with the highlighted statement? Why do many countries have laws stating that if you stand by and allow something to happen when you could stop it you could still be charged with a crime. Not sure if this is necessarily the same thing but just wondering what your thoughts were.

• Sheri
    Sheri

Sick circle reasoning.

Just as it was brought out on an older thread as to the Daniel Book Study - Chapter 16 paragraphs 8-10 how Jehovah allowed Communists to creep into the Lord's organization and even appointed to high positions of service (gosh where is the Holy Spirit) and these inflitrators caused some faithful ones to fall into the hands of authorities (torture and rapes) "Jehovah allowed such things to happen for a refining and a cleansing of his people" so they could learn endurance from testing of their faith, quoting James 1: 2,3 to consider it all joy. But I guess I thought that the tests were from men not a "set up or Sting" from Jehovah, because James 1:13 When under trial let no one say: "I am being tried by God: For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone."

The Blind leading the Blind.

Peace,

Sheri

• Sgt Pepper
    Sgt Pepper

Granted, he does allow bad things to happen. But there is a big difference between allowing something to happen and causing it.

Hmm! And I was taught that I would be bloodguilty if I did not partake in the preaching work in an attempt to save lies. Looks like I needn't have bothered, after all how could it be my fault that people chose to ignore the WBTS and incurred the wrath of God?

Consider - If you witnessed a person being raped or tortured and you had the power to stop it, would you? If you turned a blind eye would you feel responsible for that persons suffering?

This is why I have a problem with all this "allowing wickedness for the sake of proving universal soverignty" crap.

How do I get rid of this yellow shading????????????????????

• Atlantis
  • FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

The Yellow shading is a sign of God's wrath upon you. Prepare to be smitten.

I could never get the whole "Naked lady listens to talking snake convice her to eat fruit from a magical tree resulting in the damnation of all humans" crap either.

It gets to sound like greek mythology after awhile.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    How do I get rid of this yellow shading????????????????????

LMAO!!!!!

Welcome to the board Sgt Pepper! (You get rid of it by hitting the white thing between the 'clipboard' and the 'paper clip')

• neverin
    neverin

As my name suggests I was never in the 'truth' but my dad and brothers (and their families) are. There is one thing I have never understood - if Jesus died to atone for the sin of Adam why do we still die? Anyone???

• Sgt Pepper
    Sgt Pepper

Thanks Atlantis for the quote.

I would love to answer paragraph 8 at the book study.

Uh dear conductor, what should the wise and loving father do if his son proceeded to poke his sisters eyes out with a screwdriver? Should he step in or allow it happen to prove just how foolish the sons course of action is.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wow that "clear formatting" icon ROCKS!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Sgt. Pepper:

Hello and welcome! Good to read your comments. Your welcome for the scan. Any time old chap. my pleasure!

Cheers!

• skin
    skin

I too found this to be a hard illustration to understand at the study, Common sense tells us that if someone allows someone else to do bad, he is equally guilty of causing it, if he could of done something about stopping it. The illustration in para 8 to explain the BIG difference between allowing something to happen and causing it, is not a very good point. They will have to come up with a better illustration to prove this point if this book does contain the written word of truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit