What is your favorite Bible?

by inquirer 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• inquirer
    inquirer

I have a couple: New American Bible, New Jerusalem Bible, New World Translation and the World English Bible.

I know I am going to cop it because I like the New World Translation -- I have done a lot of research on it, and don't come to the same conclusion as nearly everyone else and think it's automatically bad just because it's done by the JW's. Doesn't mean I am pro-Catholic because I like their Bibles too...

• upside/down
    upside/down

I'm partial to the Satanic Bible...

****just kidding.... I don't "do" holy books anymore"

u/d

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have a NIV Women Devotional Bible that I really like. Don't use the NWT anymore. I have one but it's out in the garage (close to the garbage) where it belongs.

Josie

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

If I have a "favourite" it would be the New American Standard Bible. However I agree that the World English Bible, [WEB] is probably better. Problem is that it is available only on the internet, and not in print form. If I had a print version of it I'd use that. Incidently it is a revision of the old 1901 ASV which the WTS used to use because it had "Jehovah" in it. This word has now gone into disuse because of the growing wealth of scholarship, [which never stops] and the newer versions, like the WEB, if they carry the name, prefer "Yahweh" which is far more accurate. I also like the Jerusalem Bible.

By the way, another Bible which is provided as a free service through Bible.com is the New English Translation [NET for short, to indicate that it, too, is only available through the interNET]

I would have had a greater respect for the NWT if Freddy Franz was a genuine scholar. He described himself as being "largely self-taught" Yeah right. No wonder he could'nt tell a Hebrew 'Aleph from a leg of pork.

Cheers

• Honesty
    Honesty

NIV, ASV, World English Bible, Holman Christian Standard, KJV, New English Translation, Living Bible, Young's Literal Translation.

I really like the WTBT$'s KIT/NWT. It supports their doctrines so well until you look hard at the Greek Text.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I like to compare Bibles. I have on my shelves, hard copies of about 10 different translations. NWT, NKJV, NIV, AMPLIFIED, KJV, NSAB, RSV, NLT, KIT, DIAGLOTT. Also a couple dozen on CD. I like the World Basic English, but have not found it in hard copy yet.

Jeff

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I was always fond of the living bible.

• apfergus
    apfergus

I'm partial toward the Skeptics Annotated Bible.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I'm partial to this one....it even has illustrations and a special section on curses, spells and incantations !!! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit